Are you wondering whether to take an Etsy course?
Perhaps you like the idea of selling your handmade items on etsy but you don’t know where to start, what to sell and most importantly, how do you get customers to your Etsy store ?
There are many great Etsy online courses out there, but it can be overwhelming and challenging to determine which Etsy expert or Etsy class to follow to kick off your Etsy journey.
If you have been thinking about starting on Etsy and are considering taking an Etsy course to hone your Etsy selling skills, then you have most certainly come to the right place!
With the rise of small businesses and the advent of eCommerce, the existence of the Etsy platform is truly a gift to all aspiring entrepreneurs, like us.
To further foster the spirit of entrepreneurship, experienced Etsy sellers and experts have come up with some of the best Etsy strategies and tips for boosting sales on your Etsy store.
Speaking from personal experience, attending an Etsy training course was one of the best ways to, well, learn from the best in the business!
Some of the best Etsy courses available online are:
- E-Printables Side Hustle Course –TOP RECOMMENDATION!
- Etsy 2023 Learn Etsy From A Top 1% Seller
- Etsy 2021 Masterclass: Setup, SEO, Social & Etsy Marketing
- Etsy 101: Set Up A Shop and Promote it On Social Media
- Etsy: How To Increase Sales and Grow Your Shop Without Ads
- Etsy Success Course by Brynna Osh
- Etsy Marketing and SEO Mastery Course
- Selling Vintage on Etsy Vs eBay – The Best and Where to Start
- Printables by Number by Suzi Whitford
Affiliate Link Disclosure
This article contains some affiliate links which means that I may earn a small commission when you click on them, at no additional cost to you. I do hope you find the information in this article helpful!
8 Best Etsy Courses Online
Now that you have been convinced to attend an Etsy course, let’s go about finding the best Etsy course that works for you!
1.E-Printables Side Hustle Course
This E-Printables Side Hustle Course is one of the most popular Etsy printables course in the market, with plenty of great reviews.
The co-creators of this Etsy digital products course, Julie and Cody, have made thousands of dollars from their own Etsy printables business, so they know what they’re talking about.
Ps; They have a FREE Etsy Ebook that will share a list of best-selling products by month and teach you how to capitalize on seasonal trends to make sales.
- 13 modules covering everything you need to know about selling printables on Etsy
- 3 bonus resources
- Video tutorials for making beautiful printables
- 12 ‘done for you’ templates so you can make printables faster
- Lessons on how to drive traffic and sales to your Etsy shop
- 4 weeks in a VIP Facebook membership free with purchase
- 24/7 support for questions if you need help
What Will You Learn:
- How to make beautiful printables that your customers love
- How to get your Etsy shop started and your first products listed
- How to make your first Pinterest pins to start driving customers to your shop
- Secret keyword research strategies so you pick the right keywords
- How to select a product that will sell depending on the calendar month and season
How Long Will This Course Take:
- It is recommended to take this course over 4 weeks
- However, it is 100% self-paced, which means you could finish it in a few days!
2. Etsy 2023: Learn Etsy From A Top 1% Seller
Who better to learn from than someone who has actually seen and done it all on Etsy?
The instructor, Lara Roxana Popa has made over 20,000 sales on Etsy and has received 5000 5-star reviews so far!
Having run an Etsy shop for 6 years, she is keen to share all the intricacies of setting up and optimizing your Etsy store and listings.
She will also teach you how to get the best Etsy tags and use them so that your listings are able to match exactly what potential customers are looking for on Etsy.
Additionally, if you aren’t sure what exactly it is you want to start selling on Etsy, Lara also gives you some of the best Etsy shop ideas to discover your product and your niche.
This is the perfect all-rounder Etsy course for beginners to the Etsy platform.
3. Etsy 2021 Masterclass: Setup, SEO, Social & Etsy Marketing
If you are looking for an all-in-one Etsy course, then this is one of the best ones that are out there.
Among other things, you will learn how to:
- Set up a successful Etsy store
- How to optimize your store using SEO (Etsy SEO 2021)
- Boost Etsy sales
- How to get your Etsy listings to show up on the first page of search results
More importantly, this Etsy course is taught by an expert in Etsy so you are likely to be given top insider secrets on how to build your Etsy store!
4. Etsy 101: Set Up A Shop and Promote it On Social Media
This is a straightforward Etsy course that is perfect for beginners who are just starting to dip their toes into the Etsy pool.
The focus here however is on how to use various social media platforms to market and promote your Etsy store and products.
Additionally, when you purchase this course, you will also get lifetime access to it so you can check in at any time you feel you need a little extra help.
As a bonus, you also get unlimited access to the instructor who is happy to answer any questions that you may have even after the course is over!
5. Etsy: How To Increase Sales and Grow Your Shop Without Ads
This is an intensive Etsy course that will teach you specific techniques on how to increase sales on your Etsy store.
While Etsy ads are available for those who want to use them, they may not always be a guaranteed solution to driving sales and traffic to your Etsy store.
As such, it would be wise to look into other ways of doing this. The instructor in this Etsy selling course, Kim Bliss teaches you unique techniques that you can implement almost immediately.
- Pricing strategies that will attract potential customers to your Etsy store
- Optimization of store listings by learning to navigate the Etsy algorithm
- Simple SEO strategies that are straightforward and not overwhelming to learn
Kim has been selling her homemade products on Etsy for 13 years, so you are bound to get some valuable tips and tricks from her!
6. Etsy Success Course by Brynna Osh
Brynna is a former Shop Optimization Specialist and Business Coach at Etsy. She and her course have also been previously featured on Business Insider.
In her course, Brynna will teach you all the aspects of selling on the Etsy platform. She has compiled all the things that she has learned from Etsy sellers who make 6 figures annually just to teach it to you!
Among other things, Brynna will cover the following in detail:
- How to get started with Etsy
- What the best Etsy products are
- How to price your products to take into account shipping costs
- How to take brilliant product pictures with no fancy equipment
- Etsy SEO tips and tricks to optimize your Etsy shop
- How to best enhance your customer’s experience
Over and above this, you will also be part of a community of collaboration and support with other participants who have taken this course.
7. Etsy Marketing and SEO Mastery Course
If you are ready to take on the world of Etsy SEO, then this Etsy marketing and SEO course is your best bet!
Trissha Taylor teaches you how to master Etsy’s handmade marketplaces. Some of her best strategies include increasing your Etsy store’s visibility by learning the mechanics of Etsy SEO.
You will also gain insight into the Etsy algorithm and go through a step-by-step process on how to discover and use the best keywords for your Etsy listings.
Despite appearing somewhat technical, this course is for all levels, from beginner to advanced Etsy sellers. She eases you into the entire process so that you don’t feel overwhelmed by all the information that is available on the course.
8. Printables by Number by Suzi Whitford
A single visit to this page will leave you feeling completely mesmerized by all the beautiful printables that you can sell on your Etsy store!
If you have been on the lookout for the best Etsy printables side hustle course, then this is the ultimate one!
Printables are one of the best-selling products on Etsy. Essentially, printables are digital downloads that your customers can purchase and print for their own use.
Some popular ideas for printables include:
- Journals and planners
- Children’s coloring sheets
- Sewing patterns
- Meal Plans
Suzi’s Etsy printables course teaches you how to create beautiful printables step-by-step.
You can then put these printables for sale on your Etsy store and even offer customization or personalization services to earn a few extra bucks!
What Is Etsy?
Etsy is a global marketplace for small business owners. However, it doesn’t mean you can sell just anything on this platform.
Etsy takes pride in the fact that only handmade, unique, and vintage items can be sold.
One of its core objectives is to enhance the human connection within the community given that almost anything and everything is automated these days.
Over and above anything else, Etsy is a ready-made eCommerce platform for those who want to sell unique items online. With Etsy, you don’t need to worry about building a website or setting up payment gateways.
All you need to do is start and open your Etsy store!
Who Should Take An Etsy Course And Why?
While it may seem relatively straightforward on the surface, selling on Etsy does require some investment of time and effort. As with all businesses, there are some intricacies that go into making your Etsy business a success.
Some of the common issues that you may face as a new or aspiring Etsy seller may include:
- Trying to figure out what kind of products sell well on Etsy
- How to effectively list products on the Etsy shop so that they show up on the search results page
- What to name your Etsy shop to attract more visits and sales
- Navigating your way through Etsy’s fees and payment policies
- How to price your products
- Figuring out the difference between tags, categories, and descriptions on Etsy
- How to drive shoppers to their Etsy store
This is where an Etsy course could come in handy.
So, should you take an Etsy course?
Well, if you fall into one of the categories of people below, then taking on an Etsy course is one of the best things you can do for your Etsy business!
- New entrepreneurs who want to learn the basics of how Etsy operates
- Small business owners who want to stand out from their competition on Etsy
- Those who want to learn about Etsy keyword research or Etsy SEO
- Those who want to start a small business and are looking for ideas on what to sell on Etsy
- Those who have an existing Etsy store and want to learn how to increase traffic to it
- Those who want to learn more about social media marketing for their Etsy store
An Etsy course is definitely NOT for you if you are looking to make a quick buck or looking for hacks to sell your items fast on Etsy!
No matter which course you decide to take on, there are no quick fixes or magic bullets!
Almost all strategies that you choose to implement will take time to be reflected in the sales and traffic on your Etsy store.
The next question that is probably playing on your mind is why you should attend an Etsy course.
In all honesty, opening an Etsy store and navigating the platform to set up and market your products can be done without any training. However, it goes without saying that this will involve plenty of trial and error and perhaps even frustrations on your part.
Taking an Etsy course will undoubtedly make your start-up process much easier and is a worthwhile initial investment into your Etsy business. This is especially so considering that there are so many affordable Etsy courses that you can look into.
And with that, let’s get into some of the best Etsy courses that you can take online.
How Do You Sell Things On Etsy?
As mentioned above, the process of selling things on Etsy is relatively straightforward once you have mastered the ins and out of navigating the sales platform on Etsy.
Once you have opened your store and listed your products, you are technically ready to go.
What you need to focus on next is optimizing your store to ensure that it is found by potential customers who are looking for specific products on Etsy!
And this is where the Etsy training courses above will most certainly be extremely useful for you.
Is It Necessary To Go For Etsy Training?
While it may not be necessary to go for Etsy training, it is certainly helpful when you are starting out and have no idea how to navigate the Etsy platform.
As can be seen above, there are Etsy courses that are available for all levels and that serve all kinds of purposes.
From figuring out Etsy shop name ideas to optimizing your shop listings to ensure that you get the highest volume of organic traffic, these training courses will teach you the finer points of running an Etsy shop that will skyrocket your sales.
How To Start An Etsy Shop
If you are ready to start your Etsy shop, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Create an Etsy account
- Select your shop preferences
- Decide on the name of your shop
- Update the stock on your shop with your product listings
- Decide how you will get paid
- Set up your billing information
For a super easy tutorial on how to set up your Etsy store, check out How To Start An Etsy Shop For Beginners by Create With Pennies Not Perfection. In just under 12 minutes, you will be equipped with all the steps to start your Etsy shop.
When you are just starting out, it is wise to list just a few items to test the waters to see what the demand for your product is like.
This is because you will be charged USD0.20 per listing that you post on your Etsy store.
Each listing has a validity period of 4 months, after which the listing will be renewed and you will be charged the same amount again.
You can disable this auto-renew feature but that would mean that fewer items/listings would be displayed on your Etsy store in the event you forget to renew it later.
As you can see, while starting a store on Etsy is free, Etsy does impose certain fees and charges on listings and successful transactions.
You can find out more about these Etsy charges on Etsy’s Fees and Payments policy page
As an Etsy seller, you will undoubtedly have plenty of things to think about, especially if you are selling handmade products. These will take up plenty of time and effort on your part.
FAQs For Etsy Course
What Is An Etsy Course?
Need to familiarize yourself with an Etsy course or what Etsy U is? It is a community education program where you can take classes and workshops from experienced sellers in the Etsy community.
Learn how to get your shop started by connecting with experts and getting the ins and outs of marketing by joining insightful Etsy tutorials and Etsy classes.
There are even free Etsy courses that you can access at Udemy or Skillshare.
Learn How To Sell On Etsy
Learn how to sell on Etsy with these six simple steps:
Step 1: Create an Etsy account
Step 2: Set your shop location and currency
Step 3: Choose a shop name
Step 4: Create a listing
Step 5: Set a payment method
Step 6: Set a billing method
How To Sell On Etsy For Beginners?
Just starting out on Etsy? Here is how to sell on Etsy for beginners—a quick-start guide
1. Assess if Etsy is suitable for your business
2. Create an account for your small business
3. Establish your Etsy shop
4. Upload products for sale
5. Select your preferred payment method on Etsy
6. Set up billing
7. Personalize your Etsy shop
Can You Make A Career Out Of Etsy?
Yes, absolutely! You can make a career out of Etsy. Selling your knitted baby booties, crafts, or hand-painted Christmas ornaments on Etsy shop is an excellent way to earn money.
However, you can learn how to make money by scaling your sales for a more lucrative business model.
Do I Need A License To Sell In Etsy?
Want to start selling on Etsy but wondering, ‘do I need a license to sell in Etsy?’
In short, Etsy doesn’t require sellers to have a business license to sell products via its platform.
Although, depending on the state, county, and local municipality, you may need licenses and permits to operate your business legally.
How Much Money Does It Cost To Start An Etsy Shop?
So you want to sell on Etsy, but how much money does it cost to start an Etsy shop? Good news, joining and starting a shop on Etsy is free.
But keep in mind that Etsy imposes three basic selling fees (listing fee,
transaction fee, payment processing fee), and advertising fees for sales from Offsite Ads.
What Sells Best On Etsy?
If you have gone through Etsy courses like Etsy selling course or any Etsy mastery course and now want to sell on Etsy, here is a list of items and categories on what sells best on Etsy.
- Art & Collectibles
- Craft & Supplies
- Handmade Items
- Home & Living
- Paper & Party Supplies
- Vintage Items
- Wedding Items
Who Is The Biggest Seller On Etsy?
According to Marketplace Pulse, the biggest seller on Etsy is SeedGeeks, which is categorized under the home & living category. The shop markets itself as an heirloom seed source.
The rank for who is the biggest seller on Etsy is based on the number of sales within thirty days.
What Is The Easiest Thing To Sell On Etsy?
Wondering what to sell on Esty? Can you sell courses on Etsy, like an Etsy SEO course? But what is the easiest thing to sell on Etsy?
Here are the 10 most profitable things you can sell on Etsy
- Custom Made T-Shirts
- Custom Mugs
- Digital Art
- Handmade Jewelry
- Party Decors
- Stickers and Personalized Cards
Etsy Course Free Option?
Here is a FREE Etsy course with a secret list of best-selling products by month and teach you how to capitalize on seasonal trends to make sales. It’s a game changer and you can download it now, for a limited time, absolutely free!
There are plenty selling on etsy online courses and etsy marketing courses!
Running a small business has so many little components that are required to run smoothly.
As such, attending an Etsy course will allow you to master the technical aspects of running an Etsy shop so that you can focus on building your brand and producing the best quality products for your store.
No matter what kind of product you sell, an Etsy course/קורס Etsy is one of the most worthwhile investments that you can make towards your small business.
Related Etsy Posts On Site:outandbeyond.com:
- How To Find A Niche On Etsy [7 Simple Ways!] 2023
- What To Do Before Opening An Etsy Shop: 17 Tips For Success! 
- How Many Listings Should I Have On Etsy? [Magic Number!]
- 13 Etsy Fails : Common Fails And How To Avoid Them
- How Hard Is It To Sell On Etsy? 19 Epic Tips That Will Help!
- 29 Mistakes Etsy Sellers Make & How To Fix Them!
- 9 Essential Tips For Naming An Etsy Shop
- 25 Things To Make And Sell On Etsy
- Selling Printables on Etsy: An Epic Guide to Make you Passive Income
- 21 Best Things to Sell on Etsy to Make Money
- How to Make Money Selling Stickers On Etsy