Are you thinking of selling printables on Etsy but don’t know where to start? Have you considered taking an Etsy printables course, so that you have all the tools to launch a successful Etsy side hustle?
Selling Etsy printables has become a popular source of passive income. But it can be quite overwhelming if you don’t know where to start:
What is the process to start selling printables on Etsy?
How does one design printable templates if you have no graphic design background? How do you market your printable on Etsy?
This is where taking an Etsy printables course can help you!
The right Etsy printable course can answer your questions, and guide you towards building a successful Etsy printables business.
In this article, I’ll be showing you some of the best Etsy printables courses in the market, and why you should consider taking them!
Summary Of The Best Etsy Printables Course In The Market:
- E-Printables Side Hustle Course
- Printables by Numbers
- Passive Income – How To Make Printables To Sell On Etsy
- How To Start, Grow And Market An Etsy Printables Shop
- Etsy Mastery Course
Some of the links on here are affiliate links and I may earn if you click on them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. Hope you find the information here useful! Thanks.
Also, here is a FREE Etsy Ebook that will share a list of best-selling products by month and teach you how to capitalize on seasonal trends to make sales.
Best Etsy Printables Course
Here are some awesome Etsy printables courses available online:
This E-Printables Side Hustle Course is one of the most popular Etsy printables course in the market, with plenty of great reviews.
The co-creators, Julie and Cody, have made thousands of dollars from their own Etsy printables business, so they know what they’re talking about.
Ps; They have a FREE Etsy Ebook that will share a list of best-selling products by month and teach you how to capitalize on seasonal trends to make sales.
- 13 modules covering everything you need to know about selling printables on Etsy
- 3 bonus resources
- Video tutorials for making beautiful printables
- 12 ‘done for you’ templates so you can make printables faster
- Lessons on how to drive traffic and sales to your Etsy shop
- 4 weeks in a VIP Facebook membership free with purchase
- 24/7 support for questions if you need help
What Will You Learn:
- How to make beautiful printables that your customers love
- How to get your Etsy shop started and your first products listed
- How to make your first Pinterest pins to start driving customers to your shop
- Secret keyword research strategies so you pick the right keywords
- How to select a product that will sell depending on the calendar month and season
How Long Will This Course Take:
- It is recommended to take this course over 4 weeks
- However, it is 100% self-paced, which means you could finish it in a few days!
Printables by Number is an in-depth course in creating and selling printables. It has helped thousands of students start Etsy printables businesses, and the creator of this course now makes a full-time income from selling printables.
The step-by-step guide and editable templates means that this is a great option if you want a how to make printables course.
- In-depth videos and tutorials
- Step-by-step guide to creating printables
- Bonus editable printables templates
- 100 Etsy printables ideas
- Resource library
- Bonus blog shop course
What Will You Learn:
- How to use 3 different programs to create printables, including Powerpoint and Canva
- Super detailed process to create opt-ins
- How to use free + paid tools to create beautiful printables
- What types of printables work to grow your list
- How to make printables to sell on your blog
- How to make PDFs editable for free
- Where to promote your freebies and printables to get more visitors back to your landing pages
- The strategy and tech side of selling printables
How Long Will This course Take:
- This course is entirely self-paced, so it’s up to you when you want to start and finish
- You’ll also have lifetime access to this course, so you can go back and refer to it over and over again
Related Posts on Etsy:
- Selling Printables on Etsy: An Epic Guide to Make you Passive Income
- 21 Best Things to Sell on Etsy to Make Money
- How to Make Money Selling Stickers On Etsy
- How To Make Money Selling Prints On Etsy
- 30 Unique Ways To Increase Your Etsy Sales Right Now
This Passive Income – How to Make Printables to Sell on Etsy course is a beginner’s guide to creating printables using free design tools.
It’s especially created for newbies with no design background, so it’s perfect if you’re looking for a how to sell art printables on Etsy course.
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
What Will You Learn:
- How to use free (or close to free) tools to create your work
- Create a simple digital art design using free vector images and fonts
- How to change sizes & image resolution to meet standards for high-quality print options (300 DPI/dot per inch)
- Create mockups & watermarks for your designs using free tools & templates.
- Find graphics & fonts to use for your designs
- Opening an Etsy store
This course is a great option if you’re looking for a Etsy printables side hustle course. How To Start, Grow And Market An Etsy Printables Shop will give you a step-by-step guide that also covers Pinterest marketing.
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
What Will You Learn:
- What is a Printable
- How to decide what you should sell
- What is brand messaging and how to create it
- What is a brand kit and how to create it
- How to create Printables without having Graphic Designer experience
- How to market your shop on Pinterest
- How to create a Pinterest account and Pins
- How to schedule Pins to target your audience
- How to create systems for your shop
- How to understand and analyze data given to you to grow your shop
- How to grow and sustain your shop
This Etsy Mastery Course is a comprehensive course that not only teaches you about making printables but also covers the entire value chain of running an Etsy business.
The creator of this course has been running her own Etsy business for more than five years.
- 6 modules that cover starting your business, creating printables, Etsy SEO and growing your shop
- 8 bonus trainings on using Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- Access to private Facebook Group with 24/7 coaching and Q&A’s.
- Access to new lessons added to the course at no additional charge.
- Access to exclusive resources, worksheets, checklists, and occasional freebies
What Will You Learn:
- The complete blueprint on starting, managing, and growing an Etsy shop from scratch
- How to find a profitable niche
- How to validate your product ideas
- How to write a niche statement
- How to market research
- How to optimize your shop for Etsy SEO
- How the algorithm works
- How to build a memorable brand
- Grow your email list
- How to make art printables and digital products that you can sell on Etsy.
How Long Does This Course Take:
- This is a self-paced course, based on your own time
What Are Printables?
Before we start, let’s answer a basic question: what are printables?
Printables are essentially digital downloads that customers can print out and use – hence the name!
There are now printables available for everything under the sun – calendars, meal planners, habit trackers, invitations, school supplies, wedding door gifts….. You name it, and there’s probably a printable available for it!
Printables are becoming increasingly popular as they are cheap and accessible (just one click away).
It’s also more sustainable because you only print out what you need, rather than buying lots of different notebooks and planners that you may not fully utilize.
Why Are Etsy Selling Printables A Good Side Hustle?
One of the best things about creating your own digital products is that you do not have to have prior experience before starting.
No degree in design or special certification course is required for you to be one of the top etsy sellers out there. You simply have to design or modify one of the many pre-made templates on Canva and you can list them on Etsy.
Another advantage of printables is that you do not have to worry about inventory. There is no need for sourcing a product, having it stocked, and then deciding where to put the items until it sells.
When you sell printables, you have to upload your design and that is all there is to it. If people start buying, then great. There is no stock of any sort for you to be stored in your house, unlike any other traditional business.
With the printables market, it will be easier for you to learn the process. You may repeat the procedure once you have learned how to make a printable and post it to a website like Etsy.
Starting your own etsy printables business may be a lucrative side job because you just have to make them once and can sell them indefinitely.
There are printables for virtually anything these days, a baby shower itinerary list, flight packing list, calendars and planners (a famous one), a Christmas gift list, resumes, and many many more.
If you can think of an area in your life that could use a printable, by all means, create them and list them on Etsy. You will never know who might find them to be off their liking.
The most crucial characteristic of printables, however, is that they may be used to generate passive money.
There is not much else to do once you have uploaded your printables to a marketplace.
You will need to keep an eye on your sales, reply to consumer inquiries, and alter your marketing strategy from time to time, but it is not as time-consuming as some other side hustles.
Why Should I Take An Etsy Printables Course?
Did you know that some vendors make six figures from selling printables on Etsy?
And the best part is… many of them are just regular people with full-time jobs.
Here are a few examples of people who have made a lot of money from their Etsy printables business:
- Laura quit her full time job as an engineer because she makes six figures from selling printable planners on Etsy!
- This blogger made $5000 in her first few weeks of selling printables, and is now among the top 10% of sellers on Etsy
- This lady made $30,000 from Etsy printables and took herself on a trip to Paris
However, if you want to build a successful Etsy printables business, it’s not as easy as just creating a digital product and uploading it onto Etsy.
In order to maximise your side hustle, there are a lot of tips and tricks to the game, including:
- Using SEO or Pinterest to increase traffic to your page
- Understanding how demand for different products fluctuate throughout the year (e.g. habit trackers may be more popular in January, while school-related printables may be in demand at the start of the school year)
- The best programmes to create your templates
- The best way to list and market your product
- How to price your product
Taking an Etsy printables course means that you will be guided through these steps, and more.
You may be hesitant to pay for a course but look at it as an investment for your business. You’ll not only upskill yourself, you’ll hopefully be able to grow your passive income manifold.
How Much Does It Cost To Start Selling Printables On Etsy?
The best part about this income source is that the initial investment in terms of starting the business is essentially free!
On Etsy, listing goods costs only USD 0.20!
All you really need is a laptop and a reliable internet connection to get started. For additional guides and to get some inspiration, head on to Canva and browse through the thousands of pre-made templates uploaded onto the site.
Canva has a premium subscription but the free version works just as well!
Why Are People Selling Printables On Etsy?
You might be asking yourself… Why should you bother paying for a course and start selling Etsy printables?
There are a few reasons why selling printables on Etsy has become a popular side hustle:
- Make Extra Money
Like most other side hustles, the aim is to be able to make some extra money.
Whether your financial goal is to pay down debt, start an emergency fund, or just save for your dream vacation, selling printables on Etsy will be taking a step in that direction.
- Passive Income
For a lot of other side hustles, you are trading your time for money.
This means that you won’t be able to scale up your business, because like it or not, you only have 24 hours in a day.
One of the best things about making printables to sell on Etsy is that most of your effort is really only at the beginning. You create your design once, and it can then be sold indefinitely without any extra effort.
If you successfully list your product in a way that organically attracts customers, you can just sit back and watch the sales (and moolah) come in!
Unlike physical stores, you do not have to be there at all times at your etsy store, tending to it and bringing in sales.
Imagine making money while you sleep – that’s what passive income is all about!
- You don’t Need To Worry About Inventory Or Shipping
If you’re selling handmade crafts or other products on Etsy, you’ll have to worry about balancing your stock inventory with demand, and also the logistics of shipping products to customers around the world.
This can be very tedious and time-consuming.
However, as printables are a purely digital product, you don’t have to worry about any of that! Your customers just download your product, making your transactions efficient and hassle-free.
- Low Cost
For most other businesses, you’ll need to invest in raw materials or expensive tools. You’ll also need to invest in storage or packaging.
However, as long as you have a computer or tablet, you can start selling printables on Etsy immediately. You can use free programs like Canva to design your templates.
- You Can Help People
While I’m all about the side hustle and financial goals, it’s also important to think about how the work you do impacts people.
Printables are so popular because they help improve people’s lives, in different ways.
Someone who’s looking to get healthier might buy a meal planner printable.
A busy mom might be looking for educational materials or printable games for her kids.
Your wedding favor printables might just be the thing someone is looking for to make their big day extra special.
How Much Money Can You Make Selling Printables On Etsy?
Some sellers have made six figures from selling printables on Etsy!
It’s perfectly possible to be making four figures per month from selling printables. Obviously, this might depend on the product you’re selling, and the price point.
Michelle from Secret Owl Society made $30,000 in 18 months, while still continuing to earn passive income.
Laura from I Heart Planners made 6 figures from selling printable planners and quit her engineering job.
The best part is this amount is all passive income, so you don’t even have to put in any extra effort.
This is why you should consider investing in an Etsy printables course because a course can guide you towards making as much money as possible from selling printables on Etsy!
How Do I Start Selling Printables on Etsy?
You might be hesitant to start an Etsy printables side hustle because you think:
- You’re not familiar with Etsy
- You’re not very creative or have no design background
- You don’t have enough time
The fact is, it’s not difficult to start selling printables on Etsy – and making money from it!
Any of the Etsy printables courses above will guide you through the steps.
Also, check out this article on Selling Printables on Etsy: An Epic Guide to Make you Passive Income.
Is Selling Printables On Etsy Profitable?
Yes. You can absolutely make money selling printables on Etsy! Look at the examples that were given above, there have been real-life testimonies of people leaving their full-time job to start a career on Etsy.
But of course, this does not mean that you will automatically be running a successful Etsy shop with best-selling printables right from the start. Just like learning any new skill, it will take time for you to navigate through this business.
Learn how does Etsy works, read through this epic guide that tells you the exact steps you need to take to make money off printable products.
The great thing about Etsy is that you do not have to be an influencer and have a following in order to sell your products well, you need to understand SEO and interest strategies to drive traffic to your own etsy shop.
If you would like to get a head start, look at the list of the top-selling printables on Etsy below to get a rough idea of which type of printables you should get started on.
What Are the Top Selling Printables On Etsy?
There’s an almost endless number of printables that you can sell on Etsy.
Literally, if someone has a problem or a need, there is probably a printable for it.
Here are some of the best-selling Etsy printables ideas:
- Calendars and planners
- Habit trackers
- Educational materials
- Meal planners or recipe cards
- Resume templates
- Spreadsheets or budget trackers
- Coloring pages
- Name labels
- Invitation templates
- Party materials
- Printable art
- Sewing patterns
- Customizable marketing materials
As you can see, the options for printables to sell on Etsy are endless.
You can leverage your personal strengths and interests as well: Were you an accounting major? Design budget trackers! If you enjoy knitting – create some sewing patterns!
Things You Should Know About Selling Printables On Etsy
Like any other business, there are some tips you should know about selling printables on Etsy.
- Check Out The Etsy Seller Handbook
Etsy has provided a Seller Handbook that gives you the best practices for running an Etsy shop. If there’s anyone you should listen to, it’s probably Etsy themselves!
- Provide Good Customer Service
There’s nothing that turns customers away faster than bad customer service.
Be sure to answer questions promptly and be polite. You should also accept constructive feedback and improve your product accordingly.
I’ve had bad experiences with condescending sellers and I never bought from them again!
- Be Mindful About Copyright
Etsy has strict guidelines on intellectual property, which you can read about here. Any violation of these rules means you risk your store getting shut down or banned.
- Get Inspiration
There are many people who have successfully set up Etsy printables businesses. Look up the Etsy Community, podcasts, Youtube videos, or even the Reddit thread for some motivational stories that can inspire you!
Selling Etsy printables is a great side hustle. You don’t need any prior design knowledge, or much upfront cost, to start earning extra income.
Etsy has become one of the go-to sources of supplementary income for many people.
However, if you do not know where to begin, it might be quite difficult with questions like what is the procedure for selling printed items on Etsy, how do you create and sell printables if you have never done any graphic design before?
All the Etsy printables course listed above will guide you towards taking that first step in the right direction, clear any queries you may have on starting an etsy printables business and get you started to sell on etsy!