Have you been thinking about selling crystals on Etsy as a side hustle in 2022?
Opening a new business can seem overwhelming. I understand that. That’s why I’ve put together this easy guide to help you on your way to making some extra money and learn how to sell crystals online.
We will share with you WHY etsy is a good platform for selling crystals and HOW to find your suppliers and list your items.
I will also be taking you through how to make your crystals stand out from the rest and the best ways to ensure you become an Etsy STAR SELLER so buyers come back to YOUR Etsy store.
By following our guide, soon you could be sharing your high-vibing crystals with loyal etsy customers and making a profit!
In this article, we will be helping you discover:
- What Etsy is and why it’s a great platform for selling crystals
- Where to find great crystal suppliers and what to look for in them.
- How to ensure your listing stands out
- How to become an ETSY STAR SELLER
Affiliate Link Disclosure
This article contains some affiliate links which means that I may earn a small commission when you click on them, at no additional cost to you. I do hope you find the information in this article helpful!
Also, here is a FREE Etsy Ebook that will share a list of best-selling products by month and teach you how to capitalize on seasonal trends to make sales.
- How To Get Your First Sale On Etsy With 19 Brilliant Tips 2022
- How To Increase Sales On Etsy (30 Unique Tips!)
- How To Increase Etsy Traffic (And Triple Your Sales!)
- How To Add Video To Etsy Listing: 13 Brilliant Tips 2023
- 51 Top Jewelry Keywords On Etsy To Boost Your Etsy Sales
What Is Etsy?
Etsy is a global marketplace where people just like you can sell their products. These could be handmade items, retail products, digital products, and re-selling vintage items. You name it, Etsy users sell it!
Etsy was founded in America and was established in 2005. Etsy follows guiding principles with a focus on sustainability and supporting small businesses. So it’s a real “feel-good” platform to choose.
Did you know Etsy is powered on 100% renewable electricity? Wow, they really are at the forefront of being a sustainable, online marketplace.
There are more and more people wanting to start an online business that they can work from home on.
- Are you a mum wanting to contribute to the household earnings?
- Are you passionate about crystals and their healing properties and powers of attraction?
- Are you a busy worker but would like a side hustle to bring in extra money?
It is easy to open a store, create your listings and connect with buyers. So if you are considering selling crystals for a living, look no further than Etsy!
Why Is Etsy A Great Platform For Selling Crystals?
There are a few reasons why Etsy is a great platform for selling crystals!
- Crystals are a popular wellness product as stated in Stanford News
- Etsy makes it super easy to list and sell your crystals.
- You need NO other marketing or social media (if you don’t want to).
- Etsy is affordable! So you’ll keep most of your profits in your own pocket.
- Etsy offers a great help center to ensure you are supported.
- It’s easy for returning customers to find you again (loyalty!)
- Etsy is safe, trusted, and reliable.
Where Can You Find Great Crystal Suppliers?
So you’ve decided to take the plunge and open your store. Now you’ll need to know where to buy wholesale crystals.
We are big believers in buying local so we recommend searching for reputable crystal wholesalers local to you.
Some popular crystal wholesalers are:
There are many other online global and domestic marketplaces for crystals. You could be looking for crystals online in the UK, in the US or crystals that will post for free to Australia.
Wherever you need to find them we assure you there will be a supplier to suit you.
So basically you will find great crystal suppliers and wholesalers anywhere in the world, we just recommend checking for local suppliers first.
What To Look For In Your Suppliers
Your crystal wholesaler / supplier will be one of the most crucial parts of your business.
It’s important to really take note of these things and ensure you can have a great relationship with your crystal supplier.
Here are some questions to ask when you are sourcing around for a supplier:
- Are they an established business; Have they been around for several years with positive testimonials and reviews?
- Will they happily provide videos and photos with details such as measurements prior to purchase.
- Do they inform you of the source of their crystals; are they natural or manmade?
- What do they specialize in? Chakra healing? Different types of quartz like lodolite or rose? Sometimes if you find a specialist you might need a couple different suppliers to ensure you have access to the best wholesale crystals.
- Do they respond to you quickly with any queries?
- Can you negotiate on price for large orders? This could be very important as your customer base grows.
- Do they offer supply guarantees? You don’t want to have buyers waiting for your products if you can’t reliably source them.
The Best Ways to Ensure Your Store And Listings Stand Out
Etsy is a crowded marketplace but there is always room for new and innovative sellers to take their cut of the market.
There are a number of ways you can ensure your store and listings stand out from the crowd.
- Consistency in your photo editing style so your store has an appealing aesthetic.
- Clear and accurate images and details.
- Optimize your listings with Etsy SEO best practice. For example, use relevant search terms in your listing title like ‘Raw, untreated rose quartz, large raw quartz, raw rose quartz towers’.
- Research your competitors and analyze what does and does not work in their stores.
- Don’t copy others! Stand out by being your unique self.
- Tell your customers about you in your bio! People love to support business and want to learn about you and why to support your business.
- Ensure you have lots of details in your listing. For example. Colors, measurements, weight. Everything you can think of so your customers’ questions are answered.
- Increase and change your store inventory consistently. You want your customers to return and see what new products you’ve added or whether you’ve got their sought after item back in stock!
- Promote your items. You can do this by utilizing other platforms like Pinterest or Instagram or you can simply use Etsy ads to bump up some of your listings. This can be a very strategic tool especially if you have a rare or sought after crystal.
- Be available and responsive to any customer queries
- Package and ship your crystals within the stated time frame! Everyone loves to receive their purchases quickly.
What Is An Etsy STAR SELLER
An Etsy Star Seller is a store that has been recognised for their consistency in delivering outstanding customer service.
- This means they have been given five star ratings by their customers.
- It also means that their response time to customer enquiries is fast.
- Deliveries are dispatched on time with tracking included on orders.
If you earn the badge of an Etsy star seller it can help generate more traffic to your store as it shows that you are consistent in your high level of customer service and satisfaction.
How To Become An Etsy STAR SELLER
The number one way to become an Etsy Star Seller is to deliver the level of customer service that you’d want to receive as a buyer! Sounds simple right?
Well it really is simple.
- Create informative and accurate listings
- Respond to customer enquiries fast
- Deliver purchased items quickly and offer tracking
- Sit back and wait for your 5 star reviews to start rolling in
- Brag about it. Make sure everyone knows you are the best in the crystal biz! You earnt your star seller badge so spread the word!
Does Etsy Include Everything You Need To List, Sell and Ship Your Crystals?
Yes! Etsy does include everything you need to list, sell, and ship your crystals.
Etsy is an easy to use platform with helpful guides to show you exactly how to list and sell your crystals. You will need to package and post them yourself but Etsy will make it easy to communicate shipping details with your customer.
You can use Etsy as a stand alone platform and you DO NOT need any other social media or websites to list and sell your crystals but YOU CAN use them to increase traffic if you wish to.
Do Crystals Sell Well On Etsy?
Yes, crystals sell well on Etsy! With the increasingly busy state of our lives many people are looking for holistic and natural wellness practices to alleviate some stress.
Crystals are ancient and hold natural and powerful healing properties that have been tried and tested over many centuries.
Now we have knowledge on the properties of our crystals at our fingertips so many people are tapping into that resource and incorporating it into their approach to health and wellbeing.
Now for a little bonus! Here are some of the top selling crystals on Etsy
- Rose Quartz
Rose Quartz is connected to the heart chakra and has calming properties that center around emotional wellbeing. Rose Quartz inspires compassion and supports relationships on all levels from friendship to unconditional love.
- Crystal Confetti Scoop
Why stop at one? A mystery Crystal Confetti Scoop might just bring you the exact crystals you need. Lot’s of buyers want this mixed bundle so that they can call upon the crystals they need, when they need them. Be sure to offer this value package in your etsy store.
Selenite crystal is very popular right now for its wonderful cleansing properties for your home or office. With so many people looking to work from home you want to ensure clarity in your space.
Selenite is also fantastic for mental wellbeing, calmness and clarity and in this modern world, who doesn’t need a little bit of Selenite to enhance their wellbeing.
Rhodochrosite is recognisable by its muted rose color. It is a stone for self-love and healing as it can stimulate love and passion. This precious stone encourages you to feel love for yourself and is able to help you in meditation.
Feeling a bit achy? Suffer from asthma or experiencing rheumatic pain? Malachite is a protective stone that absorbs negative energies from the body, aiding in its healing. It is closely connected to copper, sharing many of the same properties and is found deep within the earth.
- Purple Amethyst
Purple Amethyst is wonderful at clearing the mind. It is said to increase intuition and calm the mind and spirit. Amethyst is an ancient protective stone and can protect against nightmares and insomnia.
Iodalite, part of the quartz family, is just so endearing. It is one of the most powerful crystals for healing the past, especially traumatic experiences or childhood trauma.
It can aid with your spiritual connection to your guides, your past life and really help you heal by breaking down repetitive patterns that impact your relationships today.
These are a few of the current best sellers but the market is incredibly expansive! So don’t limit yourself. If you stock a wide range of quality crystals you’ll be sure to cater to your customers needs.
Is Selling Crystals Profitable?
Is selling crystals profitable? Yes! Selling crystals can be VERY profitable. And I want you to run a profitable crystal business. So ensure you follow my tips above and source exceptional crystals from reputable wholesalers and market your product WELL and at THE RIGHT PRICE.
This means, profit for you and value for your customer. Win, Win!
There is no exact answer on how to calculate your profit margins so be sure to take into account the following points
- Competitors prices
- Wholesale prices
- How rare or precious the crystal may be (is it hard to source?)
- Can you use a reduced price to grow and promote your business?
How Do I List A Crystal On Etsy
- Open your shop
- Get your collection of wholesale crystals
- Take photos of your crystals. Most importantly, ensure your photos are of high quality. Consider lighting and positioning to achieve this. Most smart phones on the market now have cameras of a decent quality but if yours doesn’t please consider upgrading to a starter DSLR camera.
- Have an accurate description of your product ready to go. It’s important to have a detailed description to increase your chances of becoming a star seller.
- Don’t overthink it. You’ve got your product, your store and your description. List it!
What Is The Best Way To Sell Crystals?
So, what is the best way to sell crystals? On the Etsy platform you’ll have everything you need to list, sell and ship your items. It is an easy and convenient way to start your own profitable crystal business. You don’t need any other social media accounts, sales or marketing. Etsy sends customers right to your store.
There you have it, all the tips and tricks to getting your profitable business started selling crystals on Etsy. There’s no excuse not to take the plunge and start your Etsy business today.
Crystals of all shapes, colors and vibes are a sought after item and you (YES YOU!) can become a STAR SELLER on Etsy by following our helpful hints.
Etsy is a fantastic platform which makes it really easy for you to list your crystals, sell your crystals and gain repeat business so get out there and make some money!