7 Virtual Assistant Courses That Will Skyrocket Your Income
If you landed on this article, it is likely that you are searching for the best Virtual Assistant courses around.
I was in your position 2 years ago and I did the exact same thing. It was one of the best investments I have ever made.
Investing in a virtual assistant course helped me cut through all the useless information floating around online and learn all I needed to know within 30 days.
I actually booked my first client halfway through the course by just implementing a few things I learned from it!
Once you invest in your brain, you have the knowledge for life and it is a skill no one can take away from you.
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. Thank you so much for your support.
What is a Virtual Assistant ?
Before we begin, do you have any idea what a Virtual Assistant is?
A virtual assistant is a person who provides support services to a business, but virtually. So the assistant could provide the services from home or if you are like me, from Bali or Bosnia. (no point doing remote work if you can’t travel eh!)
A virtual assistant job is ideal if you:
- would like to start your own small business, or
- work with a business and learn their best practices (and propel it to your own business!)
- would like to work from a home office, have the flexibility to set your work hours
- wants to skip the traditional career path, create your future and spending time doing what you love doing
- want to accomplish your dream to be a Digital Nomad – using technology to earn a living while traveling elsewhere around the world
Sounds great, right?!
Why Do Business Owners hire Virtual Assistants?
Try to look at it from an entrepreneur’s point of view. A Virtual Assistant helps to:
- Reduce overhead costs.
Did you know that overhead costs are one of the most critical expenses for businesses and most entrepreneurs are grasping at straws to keep it minimum?
If business owners aren’t careful, overhead costs can quickly become a drain on business revenues.
So, small business owners hire freelance Virtual Assistants to optimize their expenses. They don’t need to pay for office overheads.
- To save them time
Time= Money. If an entrepreneur wants to quickly scale up his/her business, they need to free up time for strategic thinking and outsourcing other non-core tasks.
This is where hiring a Virtual Assistant comes in, *wink*!
How much does a Virtual Assistant make?
A Virtual Assistant working for a company can earn up to $16.00 an hour.
This is based on data of salary estimates for nearly 700 employees, users of Virtual Assistant Services, and job advertisements.
HOWEVER, a freelance Virtual Assistant can make more than double that salary, reasonably earning over $40.00 an hour. This was indicated by the average hourly charge of top-rated freelance VA’s quoted by Upwork.com.
By working 20 hours per week, a VA can earn $3,200.00 per month. With the advantage of working from the comfort of your home.
P/S: Hot tips from a successful VA who was regularly booked by clients (Ahem, ME).
It is critical to maintain a good relationship with your clients and keep them happy by doing excellent above-average work.
Get to a place where their business can’t live without your services. Gradually you increase your rates, let them know your worth, and they will pay accordingly.
Virtual Assistant Services You Can Offer:
A VA can offer any service to a client for money.
You might be surprised to know that there is a huge spectrum of VA services such as :
- Social Media Management – replying customer queries and comments, posting status updates, uploading contents
- Uploading and creating product descriptions for online shops like Shopify or Etsy
- Email Marketing and client relation
- Bookkeeping – updating daily sales and expenses, extracting business data, receipt filing
- Research, editing, and writing
- Website and sales page copywriting
And a lot more!
Now, before you start panicking and start worrying that you don’t know any of the services above, fret not.
Here are a few Virtual Assistant courses that can get you upskilled, trained and earning ASAP.
Another positive you get by enrolling in Virtual Assistant training is that you get to learn from successful VAs instead of racking your brain trying to find ways to thrive as one, they will show you their roadmap to win.
Best Training to Become a Virtual Assistant:
Here is a list of the best virtual assistant courses available. They are legit, trusted, and proven with so many success stories of the students. I have also done most of them myself.
The $10k VA course was created by Kayla Sloan, a Virtual Assistant who successfully scaled up her business and earns more than $10,000 per month.
Her virtual assistant class will enable you to learn what a VA is and does, and what VAs shouldn’t be expected to do, too.
The course has 7 modules that train you on:
- How to get your first and next client,
- How to pitch,
- How to overcome client objections
- How to increase your rate, and so on.
One of the best things about Kayla’s Virtual Assistant course is that it goes over things many haven’t really thought of.
For instance, she teaches you:
- How to create systems for to work faster and more efficiently
- How to create schedules to get a lot done in a little amount of time.
This invaluable lesson will require so many hours of trial and error for you to master, and can be cut short via the $10k VA Course.
You also get access to a private Facebook group where you can network with other VAs.You also get preferential pricing for one-on-one coaching calls with Kayla.
It’s hard to pass through your research on the best virtual assistant course available without noticing the Horkey Handbook.
According to the many, MANY reviews given, it seems that Gina Horkey virtual assistant course has the best virtual assistant training among all.
- Price : $498 or $199 (a 3 time payment plan)
Gina started a virtual assistant business as a side hustle back in 2014, and successfully grew her business and quit her full-time job within 8 months!
The 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success course includes:
- How to build your Virtual Assistant business foundation including setting the right mindset, choosing your target market, and writing your VA resume.
- How to market your business including establishing your online presence, understanding social media and networking best practices, and acquiring testimonials
- How to attain clients including learning how to interview and pitch with templates given.
- Also how to manage your virtual assistant business including setting your rates, learning about contracts and onboarding new clients
In addition you get:
- LIFETIME access to the course including all updates,
- A 30 day of trial access to the exclusive community (and job leads)
- Plus FREE WordPress hosting from Flywheel as well.
I really liked how the course set me up with a good solid foundation quickly and then connected me with growth-minded peers who helped me break through my doubts and challenges .
If you ever fantasise of living your dream, you know there’s more to life and you don’t want to sheepwalk through it – then check out Joanne Munro, the creator of The VA Handbook.
Joanne escaped from her daily job in hospitality to become her own boss.
The VA Handbook is a virtual assistant course online initiated to support other VAs with a variety of free and paid resources.
Price : $597
Her DIY VA course guides you through:
- A myriad of resources
- Lifetime access
- A trainee-only Facebook group where you can receive one-to-one support
What’s best is she opens a Society of Virtual Assistants (SVA) membership which gives members access to the public areas of the forum, the SVA newsletter, and the blog – for FREE with a suggested donation of £10!
She has a FREE (Yippee!) ebook:
This is all derived from her own experience running Munro PA Services, her VA business that she kicked off sometime in 2008.
Her best advice for those who are still on the fence trying to decide whether to try the path as Virtual Assistant or not;
“You might think you need to wait until everything is ‘perfect’ before you start your Virtual Assistant business, but if you do that you’ll NEVER get going.”
Udemy Virtual Assistant Training Courses
If you are searching for training to become a virtual assistant but you have a limited budget and moolah is your main concern, then Udemy might be the perfect solution.
Udemy is an online learning platform aimed at professional adults and students. They offer many courses for upskilling – including virtual training courses.
Most of the time, the course fees offered are affordable and they have discounts all the time.
There are plenty of VA courses within Udemy but to save you time, I will only review the top-rated ones. (You are kind of important and I truly appreciate you taking the time to read this article 🙂 )
Price : $49.99
The instructor Tina Marie – an expert in the virtual assistant industry, will explain in-depth:
- Whether or not a VA job is truly for you
- How to set up the business from scratch and
- How to create processes for the day to day running of your home-based business.
The course includes :
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1-hour on-demand audio
- 18 downloadable resources, and
- full lifetime access
Price : $39.99
This is essential training run by Erin Booth and here is feedback from one of the participants of this course.
“I spent so many years in school and sat through so many business classes and none of them even came close to the preparation I got from these 3hrs with you.” – Nicole Ragsdale
By enrolling in the course, Erin will teach you:
- How to create legally binding contracts for VAs
- Project management tools
- How to time track (because you now work on your own), and
- Self-care which many of us tend to forget
Price : $19.99
If you are looking for more advanced training, this is curated for Virtual Assistants with experience who plan to keep your business in business. This course is NOT for beginners.
This virtual assistant course covers crucial skills to ensure long-term success, like:
- How to prioritize your highest-earning tasks or clients
- Productivity and energy hacks
- How to market yourself
- Importance and how to build your own VA network
- How to fire a client without burning a bridge
I like the price ( $19.99 -equal to the price of your daily meal, boom!), and its a worthwhile investment to ensure your business remains sustainable.
So, there you have it. The best virtual assistant courses on the market to help you skyrocket your income.
Before taking any course, remember it is an investment in your self-development, and that nobody can take away education from you.
We now live in a world where we can create an income and opportunities from the comfort of our own home. The only thing that is in the way are a few skills you need to learn, so what are you waiting for? Start learning!
Related work from home jobs articles :
- How to Become a Virtual Assistant with No Experience
- How to Become a Freelance Social Media Manager in 30 Days
- How to Become a Freelance Writer in 8 Steps
- An Essential Guide to Become a Freelance Proofreader
- How to Become a Freelance Translator
- Best Freelance Jobs for Beginners
- Best Transcription Jobs for Beginners
- How to Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant