Looking for lifestyle topics that will attract and engage your readers and bring your lifestyle blog lots of traffic?
Look no further- I have 371 lifestyle topics for you!
I get it, some days, you can think of so many lifestyle blog post ideas, and other days, you stumble upon a roadblock and have NO IDEA what to write 🙁
Maybe you are someone who enjoys exploring life and trying out different activities and wondering if you can monetize those experiences through blogging.
Or maybe you would like to form an online community with people of the same passion as you through blogging but you don’t know where to start.
To help you get out of it, I found 371 lifestyle topics that will get your creative juice flowing again.
Creating a blog in this niche can get you very far thanks to the endless lifestyle topics for blogs out there.
You can write about anything and everything.
It’s a useful digital diary that you can share with the world to help people in many aspects of life.
So grab your content planner now because we’re going to fill it in with the best topics for a lifestyle blog!
Summary of Lifestyle Topics:
- Fashion Lifestyle Topics
- Beauty Lifestyle Topics
- Travel Lifestyle Topics
- Food & Drink Lifestyle Topics
- Family & Parenting Lifestyle Topics
- Health & Wellness Lifestyle Topics
- Fitness Lifestyle Topics
- Music Lifestyle Topics
- Movies Lifestyle Topics
- Special Events Lifestyle Topics
- Hobbies Lifestyle Topics
- Technology Lifestyle Topics
- Home Decor Lifestyle Topics
- DIY Projects Lifestyle Topics
- Gardening Lifestyle Topics
- Finance Lifestyle Topics
- Student Life Lifestyle Topics
- Pets Lifestyle Topics
- Art & Craft Lifestyle Topics
- Sports Lifestyle Topics
Some of the links on here are affiliate links and I may earn if you click on them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. Hope you find the information here useful! Thanks.
371 Lifestyle Topics
1. Fashion Lifestyle Topics
- Latest trends
- Blast from the past
- Seasonal (summer, winter, fall, spring) wear
- Office attire tips
- Reviews of footwear/accessories
- Celebrity picks
- Fashion collaboration
- Clothing/try-on haul
- Wardrobe hacks
- Fashion tips/advice
- Mommy/maternity trends
- Men’s Fashion
- Fashion influencers to follow
- Lifestyle magazine ideas
- Fashion blog ideas
- Fashion hashtag ideas
2. Beauty Lifestyle Topics
- Makeup and beauty reviews/tips/advice
- Hair accessories
- No-makeup makeup
- Makeup for special events
- Daily beauty routine
- Night routine
- Celebrity skincare picks
- Beginner-friendly routine
- Famous beauty influencers
- Affordable beauty products
- Beauty products to avoid
- Serum and moisturizers
- Makeup courses/schools
- Beauty influencers to follow
- 15-minute makeup tutorial
- Men’s skincare routine
- Beauty products for men
- How to posts on organizing makeup
- Beauty product reviews
- Beauty blog post ideas
3. Travel Lifestyle Topics
- How to pack light
- Sustainable traveling
- Travel itinerary
- Best travel destinations
- Travel wear and outfit
- Family/couple vacation ideas
- Honeymoon ideas
- Tips on traveling with kids
- Packing tips for summer/winter
- Best beach vacation
- Restaurants to visit
- Best photo-taking spots
- Tourist traps
- Flying with children/babies
- Travel bucket list
- Reviews of anything in your hometown/city
- How to start a travel blog
- Travel blog ideas
4. Food & Drink Lifestyle Topics
- Meal recipes
- Keto/vegan/gluten-free/specific diet recipes
- Restaurant reviews
- Best wine to buy as a gift
- Workout snacks
- Snacks for working from home
- Quick meals recipes
- Potluck dessert ideas
- Best coffee
- Family gathering dish ideas
- Birthday parties dish ideas
- How to plan your meal
- How to start a food blog
- Food blog topic ideas
5. Family & Parenting Lifestyle Topics
- Tips on dealing with a teenager
- Family vacation ideas
- Tips or advice on caring for an ailing parent
- Mom blog post ideas
- Activities for stay at home moms
- Mommy self-care
- Tips for new parents
- Tips on working from home with kids
- Gift ideas for mom/dad/kids
- Budget plan for family
- Ideas for family weekend activities
- Best parenting blogs to follow
- Date night ideas for parents
- How to start a parenting blog
- Parenting blog topic ideas
6. Health & Wellness Lifestyle Topics
- Keto/vegan/gluten-free/specific diet recipes
- Best spa and beauty centers
- Essential oil reviews
- Home remedy for fever/flu
- Traditional medicines
- Tips on keto diets and intermittent fasting
- How to start a wellness blog
- Health and wellness blog topic ideas
7. Fitness Lifestyle Topics
- Fitness routine for working moms
- Tips on staying fit
- How to be consistent in working out daily
- Tips on creating a home gym
- Indoor workout routine
- Tips on working out without equipment
- Fitness gear reviews
- Fitness personalities to follow
- How to write a fitness blog
- Fitness blog post ideas
- Fitness routine for office workers
- Fitness routine for pregnant moms
- Fitness routine for elderly
8. Music Lifestyle Topics
- Learn guitar in 30 days
- Event/concert reviews
- Tips on forming a music band
- How to get gigs
- Music celebrity interviews
- Learn how to compose music
- Previews of albums or upcoming shows
- Stories from tours
- How to start a music blog
- Music blog post ideas
- Articles on music legends
- Best and worst show experience
- Drumming for kids
- Merchandise releases
- New album releases
- Music video reviews
- Music video reaction
- Song lyrics meaning
- Easter eggs in a song
9. Movies Lifestyle Topics
- Movie reviews
- Upcoming movie previews
- Famous celebrity interviews
- Behind the scenes
- 10 things you didn’t know about (a movie star’s name)
- How to start an entertainment blog
- Movie or entertainment blog post ideas
- Best classic movies in history
- Synopsis of a movie
- Movie critics
- Most watched movies
- Top 10 movies in horror/thriller/romance
10. Special Events Lifestyle Topics
- Birthday celebration ideas
- Farewell celebration ideas
- Graduation gift ideas
- Special event photography tips
- Best florist reviews
- Simple dessert ideas for your kid’s birthday
- Gift ideas for mom/dad
- How to plan for a surprise party
- Theme party ideas
- Planning a wedding
- Recommend the best wedding planners
- Anniversary celebration
- Retirement gift ideas
11. Hobbies Lifestyle Topics
- Hobby ideas that are cheap and fun
- Planning a camping trip
- Photography tips
- How to monetize your hobby
- Turning baking hobby into a business
- How to find a new hobby
- Books recommendation
- How to knit
- Coloring apps recommendation
- Hobbies to keep you fit
- Woodworking enthusiasts to follow
- Generate income from gaming
- Best games to play on phones
- Wine tasting
- Famous books that you should read
- Weird hobby ideas
12. Technology Lifestyle Topics
- Latest gadget reviews
- Practical and affordable mobile phones
- Best laptop for writers
- Best laptop for graphic designers
- Best laptop for gamers
- Best laptop for students
- Best gadgets you must have
- Food delivery apps
- Best finance apps
- Best phones less than $500
- Best apps you must install in your app
- E-hailing apps
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Planning a virtual event
- Zoom/Google Meet hacks
- Using specific software
- Technology news
- Technology magazines review
- How to start a technology blog
- Technology blog topic ideas
13. Home Decor Lifestyle Topics
- Guest room design ideas
- Tips on choosing faux plants
- Tips on choosing color tones
- Suitable houseplant in the living room
- How to choose design themes for your home
- Minimalism decoration
- Must have house furniture
- How to clean furniture
- How to assemble furniture
- Best place to get your furniture
- Storage ideas
- Choosing the right lighting for your room
- Choosing the right bed
- How to be a minimalist
- Cleaning hacks
- DIY furniture ideas
- Table setting ideas
- Kitchen cabinet design ideas
- Kitchen island design ideas
- Must have in the kitchen
- Children’s room design ideas
- Balcony ideas
- Toilet design ideas
14. DIY Projects Lifestyle Topics
- How to build (certain furniture)
- DIY ideas for your kids’ school project
- How to make your own photo frame
- Craft magazine review
- Tips on perfecting your woodwork
- Favorite DIY bloggers
- Making quilted wall hangings
- Must have craft tools
- Where to get craft supplies
- Refurbishing old furniture
- Make your own rug
- How to make resin art
- How to start a DIY Projects blog
- DIP projects blog topic ideas
- How to build your own keyboard
- Family-friendly DIY Projects
15. Gardening Lifestyle Topics
- Knowing types of plants (indoor and outdoor)
- Get to know types of soil
- How to find the right pot size for your plants
- How to not kill your plant
- How to water your plant correctly
- Is having a humidifier good for your plants?
- Growing your own food plant
- How-to propagate plants
- Harmful plants for your pets
- Succulent 101
- DIY your hydroponics from scratch
- How to start a gardening blog
- Gardening blog topic ideas
- How to treat your plants
- Where to place your plants
- Long-lasting houseplants
16. Finance Lifestyle Topics
- Saving tips
- Investing tips
- Investing for beginners
- Different assets classes
- Best finance apps on phones
- How to plan monthly expenses
- Creating budgets by categories
- Creating funds for vacations
- How to pay off your student loan in 3 years
- How to pay off debt
- Credit cards vs. Debit cards
- Credit card pros and cons
- Financial plan before buying a house
- Planning your retirement fund
- Planning your emergency fund
- Planning weekly grocery budget
- How to create a trust fund for your kids
- When is the best time to create a will
- How to start a finance blog
- Finance blog topic ideas
17. Student Life Lifestyle Topics
- Renting a room vs living in a dorm
- Staying with a housemate
- Moving out from parents’ house
- How to choose the right course
- Students relationship
- Which university to join
- Study group tips
- Making full use of the library
- How to choose the right club to join
- How to create an assignment schedule
- Advice on choosing an internship place
- How to create a study plan
- How to excel in study
- Productivity tips
- Budget-friendly places for students
- Activities with housemates
- Pay off student loans
- Ideal budget for students
- Tips on surviving college
- Part-time jobs for students
- How to start a student blog
- How to apply for student exchange programme
- How to mingle with your classmates
- Fun icebreaking games
- What to know about studying abroad
18. Pets Lifestyle Topics
- How to be a responsible pet parent
- First pet essentials
- Suitable diet for your pets
- How to choose a suitable cat litter
- How to choose a suitable pet food
- Exotic pets
- Weird pets around the world
- Lifespan of pets
- How often should you clean after your pet
- Nutritious food for your pet
- Steps to get a pet
- Adopting pets
- Best pet store in [location]
- Pet language
- Signs your pet is not well
- The importance of neutering pets
- Fish tank 101
- DIY pet furniture
- Advice on leaving your pet alone while you’re away
- Pet toys review
- Training your pets
- Pet essentials review
- How to start a pet blog
- Pet blog topic ideas
19. Art & Craft Lifestyle Topics
- How to choose the best art supplies
- Types of brushes
- Advice on deciding your art niche
- How to learn (certain) art techniques
- Tips on using household items for your art
- Where to buy art supplies
- Fine art museums
- Art supplies reviews
- All about clay
- Nail art
- Digital drawing
- Build a kite
- Art collections
- Family-friendly art activities
- Budget-friendly art activities
- How to find customers for your artwork
- Where to sell your artwork
- The art of glass blowing
- Art history
- How to start an art blog
- Art blog topic ideas
20. Sports Lifestyle Topics
- Best sports equipment review
- Running/cycling app
- Must-have items in your first aid kit
- Best locations to run in your city
- Best diving destinations
- Rock climbing
- Famous sports around the world
- Football tournaments
- Indoor sports
- Extreme sports
- Indoor vs outdoor sports
- Benefits of sports
- Beginner friendly sports
- How to become an expert in [sports]
- (Insert sports) history
- How to start a sports blog
- Sports blog topic ideas
- Tips on training for a marathon
- Road running vs trail running
- Best running shoes
- Best hiking gears
- Must have running gears
- Tips before joining a (insert sports event)
FAQs on Lifestyle Topics:
What Is A Lifestyle Blog?
Just like a journal, a lifestyle blog is a medium for you to write about your daily activities and interests.
The function of a lifestyle blog is to:
- inspire people who want to learn something,
- find something to do, or
- who want to improve in certain parts of life.
Family, friends, food, home, travel, work, career, relationships – from the moment they wake up until the sun goes down, blog post ideas for lifestyle bloggers mostly come from their daily activities.
But of course, lifestyle bloggers come from different backgrounds so the points of interest differ too.
Whether you’re a parent or a single 20-something, nothing can stop you from starting a lifestyle blog.
The only difference is your target audience.
Many people think you can only succeed in lifestyle blogging if you’re an influencer. But that’s not true.
Well perhaps, it’s the other way round.
The way it usually works is, over time, a lifestyle blogger will grow their readership or ‘followers’ who fall in love with their blog content and eventually become a fan.
So, if this happens, whether you want to expand your reach across social media platforms entirely depends on your end goal.
Successful Lifestyle Blogs
Here are five of the most successful blogs about lifestyle topics you can take inspiration from:
1. Just a Girl & Her Blog (Made $41,700 in Dec 2016)
Just A Girl And Her Blog was started by Abby Lawson, a mom with two adorable boys runs the blogging business full-time with her husband.
Abby’s lifestyle post ideas are all about creating a beautiful, thriving home, life, and business and helping others to do the same.
2. Kayleigh Zara (Made $16,514 in Nov 2020)
Kayleigh is a mid-twenty influencer who started her blog as an outlet for her free time during university. The art student loves sharing lifestyle posts, fashion, lifestyle ideas and university posts.
Through her blog income, Kayleigh recently paid off over 8K in debt and would love to help others do the same.
3. Anna In The House (Made $12475.68 in Nov 2020)
Anna Karsten started her blog in the travel niche but soon embarked on writing about lifestyle topics.
Anna’s lifestyle blog topic ideas revolve around motherhood and parenting, DIY tutorial, career-changing tips, and stories about living with autoimmune diseases.
4. Fit Mommy In Heels (Made $11562.19 in Sept 2019)
Lauren Imbriaco started Fit Mommy In Heels in 2016. A mom to three kids, Lauren aims to inspire and help other women get into the best shape of their life, reclaim their love of fitness post-baby, or feel good about the outfits they wear.
5. Chasing Foxes (Made over $19,000 from 8 months of blogging)
Grace Madeline Moser and her husband Silas have been running Chasing Foxes since 2016. This dynamic duo loves sharing tips on finances, health, home improvement, and ways to make money online.
After realizing the blog makes more than a month’s salary, Silas quit his corporate job and they started to travel full-time.
No matter the niche, all blogs anchor on this checklist to start creating an income:
- Create SEO optimized content
- Pin content on Pinterest using Pinterest SEO
- Apply to ad networks running on your site
- Link relevant affiliate links on every post
- Sell merchandise/digital products (e-books, webinars, online courses)
- Run workshops
- Partner with brands
To up your SEO game, I recommend this SEO Blog Post Training that will help you get thousands of free organic traffic from Google to your site!
Anyway, it’s common for lifestyle blogs to link to products consumers use and trends they follow.
Loyal readers will not only follow the tips and advice shared in lifestyle blogs, but they will also buy the products recommended.
As your blog grows, the brands of the products you promote will start to recognize you. Subsequently, they will want to work with you to expand their brand presence.
What Is The Lifestyle Niche?
It is simply as it suggests, sharing your lifestyle with your followers!
It only requires bloggers to write about their daily lives and related topics.
Lifestyle articles topics can be all-compassing, you could share the houseplants you like, gardening tips, or your favorite gardening tool in a blog.
Be sure to niche down initially to achieve success faster!
How Do You Create Lifestyle Content?
1. Start with your interest
The easiest way to start creating lifestyle content is to start with your interest.
Say you have a passion for knitting, you will definitely have a few subjects to blog about regarding knitting.
You can easily come out with lifestyle article ideas like ways to knit a shirt, different knitting styles, best colors for knitting, etc.
2. Be authentic
Be authentic with your audience!
The easiest way to connect with your audience with a lifestyle topics blog is to share your struggles with your audience.
Perhaps you faced a lot of difficulties in your early knitting journey, or perhaps you almost quit knitting in the beginning.
Authentic lifestyle article topics like this are the perfect way to build a connection with your audience because they could be facing the same issues as well.
3. Film the process
Film the process or progress as you start your lifestyle blogging journey.
I can’t stress how useful this will be in the future.
Say you want to start a gardening blog, be sure to film the process of you watering your plant or the growth of the plants.
These process footages are among the most popular lifestyle articles ideas to write about.
You will also get to reuse the footage on your social media to promote your blog, killing two birds with one stone.
4. Be consistent
Consistency is key.
Your audience will be looking for similar lifestyle blog categories on your lifestyle blog to learn about the lifestyles that they can relate to.
By consistently writing different topics for lifestyle blogs within the same niche, you will definitely be able to forge a close relationship with your audience.
5. Create content in series
If you are running out of lifestyle blogging ideas, do remember that you can always create lifestyle topics in series.
For a knitting blog, you can create content around knitting shirts, scarves, socks, hats, and a few other items.
The possibilities are endless, you will never run out of lifestyle topics to write about.
What Is Considered Lifestyle Content?
Content that is written, visual or audio content about everyday life.
Content ideas like traveling, cooking, gardening, hobbies, home and living, and relationships are among the best lifestyle blog post ideas for beginners.
You can further drill down the main lifestyle categories into smaller sub-categories to generate ideas for blog topics.
Do Personal Blogs Make Money?
Some of the top money-making blogs are indeed personal lifestyle blogs.
If you are willing to post solid, strategic content 3 times a week without fail, then in year one you can make anywhere from $1,000 – $10,000.
Find relevant lifestyle blogging topics to write about consistently, money is there.
What Should I Post As A Lifestyle Influencer?
You can post relatable or aspirational content that others can implement into their own routine.
Show up consistently to your audience and post relevant lifestyle story ideas or trending lifestyle topics to engage with your audience.
You can even ask your audience about content preferences and create a topic about lifestyles around that.
How To Start Writing A Lifestyle Blog?
1. Establish A Niche Or Focus Of Your Lifestyle Blog
Lifestyle blog topics usually revolve around activities and interests.
Once that’s sorted out, it will be easier to choose lifestyle topics to blog about.
Depending on your passion, you can pick one (or more) lifestyle blog ideas listed above.
Pick the topic that you are familiar with to start brainstorming lifestyle blog ideas for beginners.
2. Name Your Blog
Think of something that suits your personality. Or play around with the niche you’ve chosen.
If possible, don’t choose something that’s too narrow because you might want to add more niches in the future.
Don’t spend too long Naming a lifestyle blog as it’s not as important as you may think!
You can always look online for a lifestyle blog name ideas list.
Just make sure your lifestyle blog name is not difficult to spell and pronounce.
3. Register Your Blog And Get Hosting
Proceed to purchase the domain name and hosting for your blog.
If your blog is called The Red Head Girl, your domain will be www.theredheadgirl.com.
You will also receive a free blog domain through my link.
Read this step-by-step guide to start getting paid for blogging on WordPress.
4. Install WordPress
WordPress is the go-to platform for bloggers, especially beginners. It’s free and it’s easy to use.
You don’t have to know coding and WordPress also offers many free plugins to ease your blogging tasks.
Plus, WordPress guides and resources are abundant because it’s the most commonly used platform.
5. Download A Well-designed, Clean-looking Theme
After familiarizing yourself with the blog’s dashboard, you can start choosing a theme for your lifestyle blog. WordPress provides a huge selection of free themes.
Some other good themes which are lightweight and won’t slow down your site are:
- Generate Press
6. Design A Logo
You can use Canva to create a logo for your lifestyle blog.
Canva allows you to create free logos and play around with fonts for your site.
You can also click on the premade logo designs and use any one of them for free.
Do ensure that your logo is relevant and matches the topics on lifestyle blog that you are going to write.
7. Install Essential Plugins e.g. Yoast SEO
Installing the WordPress plugins IS important if you want to improve the functionality of your site.
You will also have access to some cool free features that will protect your site and make it look better.
Yoast SEO is a MUST-HAVE plugin for your website because it helps to improve your rankings on Google (SEO).
Find out all the essential plugins that you need for your blog in this article.
8. Make Money From Your Blog
Congratulations on setting up your lifestyle blog! Now you can start generating an income and hopefully achieve time and financial freedom one day.
For a more comprehensive step-by-step guide on blogging, check this post out!
It’s time to go wild with lifestyle blog content ideas that you have always wanted to write about.
How Do I Make My Lifestyle Blog Popular?
If your lifestyle blog is popular, that means it is also generating a decent income.
You won’t achieve this overnight but with time and constant effort, it will happen eventually.
Before thinking about making your lifestyle blog popular, it’s important to note that:
- You don’t have to have a lot of followers to start making money.
- There’s no point in posting frequently if you compromise quality.
- Apart from readers, Google has to like your posts too.
There are three significant platforms or tools you can optimize to rank your blog on the first page of Google.
Say, your lifestyle blog focuses on travel and someone googles about it, your post might come up in the search if you optimize SEO correctly.
In other words, if done right, SEO will bring in traffic from organic search results.
Once your post is ranked on the first page of Google, your site traffic will increase.
In the beginning, learning SEO can be scary as it’s quite technical but once you get the hang of it, it’s hard to stop searching for keywords!
NOTE- Keysearch is 17$ per month but if you use my discount code and referral link, (KSDISC), you get 20% off, also a free 1-month trial!
From these tools, you can also see other suggested keywords with important information related to how competitive they are and how often people search for them.
If you want to learn more, here are some good SEO books.
Otherwise, you can also buy this comprehensive, step-by-step SEO Success For Beginners Masterclass to start getting Google traffic to your lifestyle blog.
Pinterest is another great platform to drive blog traffic because:
- Your content will still exist years after being published because it’s a search engine and not a media platform.
- Pinterest’s algorithm isn’t as advanced as Google’s so popular keywords are easier and faster to rank.
- People use Pinterest with purchase intent, according to Statista.
So, how does Pinterest drive traffic to your blog?
- Use the Pinterest Search Bar, Explore Pinterest or Pinterest Ads to perform a keyword search.
- Include keywords in your Pin titles and descriptions so that people find them when searching for those terms.
- Include related keywords in your Board titles and descriptions.
- Match your blog post title with the board. For example, your blog post title is “Best Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandma” – add it to a board titled “Gift Ideas”.
- Use your Pins to create curiosity. For example, “Healthy Food That’s Unhealthy For Your Diet”.
- Study how other bloggers in your niche design their Pin and make something different.
- Apply for Rich Pins so when users click on your Pin, they can easily see extra information from your article because Rich Pins automatically pull information from your blog to your Pins. Also, when you make edits to your post, Rich Pins sync information from your blog.
If you’re ready to master Pinterest and looking for an affordable course, you can buy Carly Campbell’s Pinteresting Strategies for $97.
Carly will show you how her pinning method helps generate 200k views per month for her blog.
The course is updated as Pinterest’s algorithm changes. So you don’t ever have to worry about it becoming irrelevant.
3. Social Media Platforms
Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok are also good platforms to engage with your audience and promote your blog.
Not just that, these apps are also great for sourcing lifestyle blog post ideas in 2023.
Just scroll through an influencer’s page and you can get as much inspiration as you want.
But if you’re a beginner, it’d be best to focus on establishing a strong group of followers through just one or two social media platforms.
Take the time to form a connection and get to know your audience. By doing this, you can repurpose your lifestyle blog content to grow traffic.
You can also connect with other lifestyle bloggers via these Facebook groups:
Lifestyle content ideas will evolve as your blog grows.
Of course, not every aspect of your life should (or has to) be shared with the world. That’s why it’s important to establish your focus.
The best part about blogging is that, while you’re busy providing great content for your readers, you will also learn many great things along the way.
Don’t let something you’re not familiar with stop you from sharing.
As long as you know how to research and where to get resources, you’ll do just fine. Keep upskilling in SEO and Pinterest too because one’s writing process is a never-ending journey.
There you have it! All the lifestyle blog post ideas that your readers will love! I hope you found that useful and shoot me an email if you have any questions. I always reply 🙂
Related Posts On Lifestyle Topics:
- How To Get Paid For Blogging On WordPress In 2023
- Website Flipping: How To Make Profit in 12 Months [2023 Update!]
- 65 Greatest Food Niches for a Profitable Food Blog in 2023