If you want to know how to work for Amazon from home, you are not alone.
Perhaps you have googled ‘How can I work from home for Amazon?’
- How to work ON Amazon from home?
- How to work IN Amazon from home?
- How to work from home IN Amazon?
No matter what you type, it is pretty clear what you want to know.
Now that remote work is becoming the norm, why not work for the tech giant from the comfort of your own home?
The opportunity is there, but you probably don’t want to skim through bits and pieces of blog posts, articles and job listing pages and you would rather soak up all the information in one go.
That’s why I wrote this guide so that you can immediately take your first small step towards the option that resonates with you most.
Without further ado, let’s get to it!
How To Work For Amazon From Home
- Secure a remote job (e.g. Customer service)
- Find online gigs
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Amazon Flex driver
- Start an online side-hustle
- Amazon Affiliate marketing
- Amazon Influencer Marketing
- Direct Publishing
- Amazon FBA
Some of the links on here are affiliate links and I may earn if you click on them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. Hope you find the information here useful! Thanks.
Related Posts On How To Work From Home:
- 14 Amazon Jobs Hiring Now!
- Amazon Customer Service Jobs From Home Pay + Info
- 15 Productivity Tips On Working From Home
- How To Start Working From Home In 6 Steps
- How To Work At Home With Kids (11 Effective Tips!)
- 11 Digital Nomad Jobs (No Experience Required)
- 17 Online Jobs for Stay at Home Moms (No Experience Necessary)
- Stay At Home Dad Jobs (That Pay Well)
How Do You Work For Amazon From Home – 3 Paths
So, how do you work from home for Amazon?
You can follow 3 different paths, so choose the one that best fits your skills, expertise and personal inclinations:
- Amazon Remote Jobs – you can find many remote job opportunities like in any other company. Whether you want to apply for a customer service role or you are looking to take your tech career to the next level, in this section you will find out how to get a job with Amazon working from home.
- Amazon gigs – if you want to earn extra cash, you can become a Flex driver or complete tasks on Amazon Mturk, the online marketplace for small tasks. You won’t get rich, but you will make quick cash on the side
- Amazon side-hustles – if you want to build a way to make extra cash and turn it into a full-time income in the future, you can do that with Amazon.
I have also created an article about 14 Amazon Jobs from home. You can check it out!
How To Find Amazon Remote Jobs?
You can visit their job site – www.amazon.jobs- and click on the button “View Remote Jobs” and you will be directed to their virtual location page.
You can apply some filters using the checkboxes on the left.
- You can filter by category (e.g work from home),
- job category (e.g. customer service, human resources, health and safety) and
- country – even remote jobs require you to be based in certain countries or in certain states (in the US).
- you can go to linkedin.com
- type Amazon in the search bar
- Filter for ‘Jobs and Remote’
- Look for an Amazon remote job
- Bookmark this page
By the way, you could even set a job alert, by visiting the Amazon page on Linkedin, filtering for Jobs and clicking on create a job alert.
How To Apply For Amazon Remote Jobs?
From the company page, once you have found the job you want to apply for, follow these steps:
- Click apply
- Create Amazon account
- Amazon will review your profile
- If you qualify for the job, you will get to do a job interview
Now, this is what everybody else does.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s totally fine and you might be forced to do it anyway for some positions.
But, if you want to have an edge over other candidates here is what you could do:
- Go to the Linkedin company page
- Type HR and the country you want to apply for
- Create an invite message and a follow-up message
- Send these messages to a few HR – just a few, don’t spam 🙂
- In this way, you will make sure that your application stands out and it will increase your chances to get hired.
Tip: Want to take it to the next level? Recruiters consume video content on a daily basis, like everyone else and that’s why video job applications work. For example, if you are applying for a customer service role explain how you have developed (or intend to develop) your customer service skills.
Location Requirements To Work For Amazon
While applying make sure to check location requirements, as some remote roles require you to be based in certain countries like Costa Rica, or certain states in the US.
What Is Amazon’s Hiring Process?
The process will vary depending on the role and other factors, but it usually takes 1 to 4 weeks from start to finish.
- After applying and taking an online assessment
- you can expect to have at least one job interview (up to 3 for senior roles),
- pass a background check and
- take and attend an onboarding training
How To Prepare For Your Amazon Interview
First things first, do research!
Dig into a few recent articles and find out what’s relevant lately to the role you are applying for.
Also, since you are applying to a tech company, stress how well you adapt to change and how you can always find ways to be productive and stay on top of it all.
In addition, you must find a way to impress the ‘Bar Raisers’.
The Bar Raisers are Amazon employees, working in a totally unrelated field who are passionate about the hiring process and take an active role in the assessment of candidates.
They undergo specific training to make the whole process fair and smooth.
Tip: Get yourself ready by checking out the top 11 Amazon interview questions. Let them know that you are not there (only) to get a job. They have a business problem and they need someone to take care of it. It’s you!
Does Amazon Conduct A Background Check?
Yes, it does!
It takes approximately 10-14 days and your profile will be reviewed based on key reports such as your criminal history and employment history and drug tests.
They might also look into further information, such as your previous salary and social media presence, to check whether it could undermine Amazon’s reputation.
Start Working For Amazon From Home With Seasonal Work
Christmas is the busiest time of the year and the job demand usually tends to soar during this period.
That’s why big hiring recruitments often start around August to fill the massive demand for customer service positions during the peak season (November through January).
Although these positions are temporary and you won’t qualify for benefits, it is your chance to get your foot in the door.
Are you still asking yourself: ‘How do I work from home for Amazon?’
Let’s find out other ways to do just that.
Amazon Gigs – How To Get Started
How To Get Started With Amazon Mechanical Turk
Amazon MTurk is the largest marketplace for small tasks that gives you the opportunity to earn extra cash from home.
Once you have a worker account, you can:
- Find Tasks – Search or browse through the Human Intelligence Tasks (HITs) and choose the one(s) that best fits you.
- Get the work done – Accept the HIT and follow the instructions. Then, submit your work.
- Get Paid – After your work has been approved by the requester, your earnings will be displayed on the Dashboard and Earnings pages. All amounts paid will be in US Dollars or Amazon.com gift cards.
As simple as that. You won’t be able to pay the bills, but you will get to earn some extra cash from the comfort of your home with little effort on your part.
So, give it a try and see if it works for you!
How To Get Started With Amazon Flex (And Amazon Delivery Service partner)
Becoming an Amazon flex driver is pretty easy, you just need to download this app and meet some basic requirements:
- Be 21 or older
- Have a mid-sized or larger vehicle
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Have a smartphone and a bank account
‘Cool, I qualify. How can I apply?’
Awesome! Follow these steps:
- Download their app
- Log in with your Amazon account or create one
- Provide the location permissions, camera access, and phone state permissions
- Tap ‘Get started
‘Done. I am an Amazon Flex Driver! Now what?’
Now, you must reserve a delivery block, which is a two-six-hour shift in a certain area and make your deliveries. There are three types of deliveries:
- Amazon.com: you must pick up the items from a local station, then drive packages to the customer for the entire duration of the block (3-6 hours)
- Amazon Prime or Fresh: you must collect the items from a Prime Now delivery station near your location and expect to deliver items for 2-4 hours.
- Store orders: you must collect the items from stores and deliver them for 2-4 hours.
- Instant offers: these are short delivery blocks that are available only in some markets and last around 45 minutes.
Amazon Flex Delivery Service partner is available in 50 cities all around the US (and in many countries around the world) and they are always actively recruiting in certain locations so check out their page to know if they are looking for drivers in your area.
You will make USD18-25 and work on your own terms and some drivers even manage to work up to 40 hours a week and earn a full-time income.
Amazon Side-Hustles – How Can I Work With Amazon From Home?
How To Get Your Foot In The Door As An Amazon Affiliate
The concept behind affiliate marketing with Amazon is rather straightforward:
- You sign up here with your Amazon account (or you create a new one)
- You recommend products to your audience using customized linking tools
- You earn a commission (4-8% on average)
You must create great content that people like and once you have an established audience you recommend other people’s products or services and receive payment via commission.
If you are not the sales type the good news is that you just need to mention products that you genuinely think are great in your blog posts and let your readers click and make a purchase if they want to.
No pushing here!
Among all the affiliate programs out there Amazon affiliate program is probably the easiest to get into and you can apply as soon as you have set up your own blog. If that seems too daunting, you can rest assured that it is not!
That’s why I created a guide on how to set up a blog and make money blogging.
To be fair, earning a good income with affiliate marketing is not easy. To succeed you must:
- Learn SEO (search engine optimization)
- Diversify your traffic sources (Pinterest)
- Create SEO-optimized content that people want to read
- Keep increasing your traffic
There are a ton of online courses to learn all this.
If you are itching to take your first step, you can check out my SEO course and learn how I earn USD5K a month with affiliate marketing.
That’s all you need to know to start your journey as an Amazon affiliate associate.
How To Get Your Foot In The Door As An Amazon Direct Publisher
Want to become a self-published author? You can and guess what.. It’s 100% free!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Create your book and cover following content and quality guidelines– you can use Amazon suite of tools and resources (or hire someone to write the book for you)
- Sign in to KDP or create a new account.
- Go to your KDP Bookshelf. In the “Create a New Title” section, click KINDLE E-BOOK.
- Enter your information and set your price
- Click ‘Publish your Kindle Ebook’
- Earn royalties for each sale (for instance, you would get a 35% royalty for books priced above USD9.99)
It is so easy and everyone should be doing this!
That’s not true and beware of anyone telling you the opposite.
Getting your book published is not the same as making consistent passive income. At the end of the day, you always need to hustle and grind to make your dreams come true.
That’s a good thing because if you stick at it you will win over your competitors and get where you want to be.
To take the first step towards your success, stand on the shoulders of giants and take a top-notch course on how to become a best-selling author on Amazon – I have done it myself and it’s really good.
How To Get Your Foot In The Door As An Amazon Influencer?
Amazon Affiliate Associates is open for anyone to join. That’s not the case with the Amazon Influencer Program, as you need to meet certain requirements:
- Demographic requirements: the program operates only in the US, the UK, India and Canada.
- Social media influence requirements: Amazon will look into relevant metrics of your social media account, such as follower count, engagement rate as well as the type of content you create.
To apply you must:
- Sign up with your account or create a new one
- Connect your account to your social media channels
- Enter basic information about your storefront shop – read more about it below
- Enter your account information
It may take up to 5 days for Amazon to make a decision.
Once you are in you can start creating your storefront, add your banner and logo and as many products as you like. You may want to pick products that are relevant to your audience and use a style that resonates with your followers.
If you do not have a social media following you should consider whether this is a good fit for you, as it will certainly take an effort. That said, you will learn relevant skills that will serve you well for years to come.
With the Amazon Influencer Program, you can earn up to 10% commission on products purchased on your storefront, with revenue opportunities spanning anywhere from a handful of dollars per month up to USD18K in income for the year.
Some influencers have reported making over USD3K per month.
Sounds a good fit for you? Join the Amazon Influencer Program.
TIP: Follow the 80/20 rule and don’t overdo it! If you advertise too much, your audience may find it annoying. Focus on providing value and give genuine recommendations like you would with your own friends.
How To Get Your Foot In The Door As An Amazon FBA Seller?
Amazon FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) is a system that allows you to store your products at the Amazon warehouse and enjoy the benefits of its structured shipping system.
If you are willing to put in the work and start a sustainable side-hustle that can turn into a full-time income, this is the option you should choose.
There are no requirements, except for a willingness to learn the FBA structure and a business mindset.
Before you get started you must find a good product that sells – do your research and find out whether you want to get a deeply discounted product (retail arbitrage) and then sell it on Amazon at a higher price or buy your products from the manufacturer.
Once you get that done you must:
- Register as a seller – click on the button ‘Get started’ on their page
- Prepare your items and ship them to Amazon – keep them clean, list your products on Amazon, create a shipping plan and purchase labels
- Start making money – Amazon takes care of the shipping and customer service in exchange for a 15% commission on each of your products.
You can make anything from a few dollars to thousands. Most Amazon sellers make at least USD1K per month.
As usual, the best way to start with the right foot is to attend an online course that teaches you the ropes and helps you cut your learning curve in half.
What Are The Advantages Of Working From Home?
Working from home may be perceived as isolating to a large number of people. However, here are the bright sides:
- More time to spend with your loved ones (or by yourself)
- No commuting
- No dealing with gossip at work
- Less stress
How Much Does Amazon Pay?
In case you skimmed through the article or you want to read how much you can make by working for Amazon from home here is a nice summary for you:
- Customer Service Associate – USD32K
- Amazon Stylist – USD53K
- Health and Safety Manager – USD100K+
- Solution Architect – USD111K
- Human Resources – USD55K
- Marketing – USD55K
- Design – USD73K
- Content – USD101K
- Amazon Mechanical Turk – up to USD1K+
- Amazon Flex driver – USD20 per hour
- Amazon Affiliate marketing – USD10K+
- Amazon Influencer Marketing – USD10K+
- Direct Publishing – USD10K
- Amazon FBA – USD10K+
If you want to read more details regarding customer service roles, you should read this article.
Now that you know all the ins and outs of how to work for Amazon at home you just need to decide which option seems to be the best fit for you and go for it.
Don’t rush it and give it time.
I wish you the best of luck with your remote work journey and feel free to reach out to me if you have any concerns on how to become a digital nomad!
Related posts on how to work from home jobs:
- How To Get Clients As A Virtual Assistant – Top 18 Ways
- 8 Virtual Assistant Courses That Will Skyrocket Your Income [2021 Update]