Being a mom doesn’t mean giving up on your career, but it’s more about adding extra to your plate! And that’s why you can find plenty of businesses for moms to fit your lifestyle.
But wait. What do I mean by businesses for moms?
Well, I mean jobs that fit any mama lifestyle; hardworking, busy, stay-at-home, full-time, part-time, homeschooling, etc. You name it.
I got here a list of the 51 best businesses for moms from online jobs, home-based, and services-related to crafts and baby businesses.
Most of them require little investment, no experience, and can be flexible and from home.
Some links on here are affiliate links. If you click them, you’ll help out my blog, and I’ll get a commission. AT NO EXTRA cost to you! I try to provide useful information, so if anything is helpful please let me know!
Related posts on Making extra Money:
- 15 Side Hustles For Couples (That Need Money FAST!)
- How To Make Money With A Laser Engraver (+21 Product Engraving Ideas)
- How To Start A Dog Treat Business (7 Easy Steps)
Here Is A Broad Overview Of The 51 Best Businesses For Moms I Found For You:
- Online And Remote Businesses For Moms
- Service-Related Businesses For Moms
- Arts And Crafts Businesses For Moms
- Baby Business Ideas
- What Is The Best Business For Stay At Home Moms
- How Do I Start A Mother Business
Online And Remote Businesses For Moms
The advantage of online and remote businesses are that they are the perfect side business for stay at home moms. They are often:
- more flexible, and
- less time-consuming.
Perfect to work around your children! And can even be full-time!
To be honest, blogging is certainly the best business for stay at home moms in 2021.
Blogs are everywhere and even more parenting and baby-related blogs. (I share more about Mom blogs further in the article.)
When having your own blog, you can work on your own time, anywhere, and about the subject you want. (Even though there are niches that work better than others.)
Blogging is also one of the most profitable businesses for moms.
If you want to know more about how to start blogging check this:
- FREE Step By Step Guide on how to start your blog and get paid and
- this guide on how to make money blogging for beginners.
You can also take this very useful blogging course Launch Your Blog Biz that taught me how to make my first $1,000 from my blog.
2. Freelance Writing
You always loved writing but never thought you could get paid for it? Well, you don’t need to be a talented novelist to get your freelance writing career started.
To me, freelance writing is the best home business for moms.
You can offer your writing services to blogs and online publications in many languages from the comfort of your house needing only a computer and an internet connection.
So if you want to start your own freelance writing business you can check those free resources from my previous articles on how to become a freelance writer.
- If you want to reach your goal faster and with little mistakes, take this amazing course WriteTo1k from Elna Cain who taught me how to get three clients in three weeks.
- You can also purchase my Ebook where I teach you How to become a freelance writer in 60 days.
You can find freelance writing jobs on:
Online teaching can be the best business for stay at home moms or even working moms looking for an extra income. People are willing to pay to upskill.
You can work from the comfort of your home whether you’re teaching online or at-home lessons. It can be teaching English, French, Maths or Arts. You name it.
- If you want to get started check my free guide on how to become an online English teacher.
- If you need more training I also have an ebook on how to become an online English teacher in 30 days.
You can find online tutoring jobs on:
A Proofreader or editor is the perfect at home business for moms who are good at finding errors in writings.
One advantage is that you can start proofreading today with no investment.
- But if you do want to upskill you can first check for free this guide on how to become an editor for beginners.
- If you need some training, the Proofread Anywhere course will teach you everything you need to become a full-time and well-paid professional proofreader.
If you’re good at writing engaging content, copywriting might be the perfect business to start.
Copywriting is online and printed content writing. It’s more specific to promotional content such as advertising and marketing.
You can even earn royalties from your content.
- If you’re interested in copywriting and want to know more check Jacob McMillen who offers amazing free resources.
A transcriptionist is someone who converts audio into writing. It can be recordings from meetings, conversations, conferences.
Being a transcriptionist only requires a computer and little training with no experience to get started.
- But check my free guide if you want to upskill and learn more about how to become a transcriptionist and monetize your listening skills.
- You can also check the best transcription jobs for beginners.
- If you want to upskill take this course General Transcription: Theory & Practice by Transcribe Anywhere
A translator translates audio and text documents from one language to another. It’s a perfect remote job for stay-at-home moms. It requires little investment and it can accommodate a flexible schedule.
- If you’re interested in starting your own translation business check my free guide on how to become a freelance translator.
8. SEO And Keyword Research
To create amazing SEO content you need to master keyword research and how to use them, to target the right audience.
Good SEO skills paired with good content writing can set you up for amazing opportunities.
- If you want to learn more about how to grow organic traffic with SEO you can get my workshop SEO success for beginners.
9. Virtual Assistant
A Virtual Assistant offers support to business owners in different areas such as customer support, email management, graphic design, etc.
There are a lot of opportunities for virtual assistants as many people are now having online businesses.
You can become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant.
Check my free guide on how to become a virtual assistant with no experience.
If you need to upskill check these amazing VA courses that skyrocket my income as a VA:
10. Social Media Manager
If you like spending time on social media you can build a social media management business to offer services to accounts run by businesses.
You’ll help their social media page meet their business goal by:
- managing posts,
- optimizing the brand images,
- providing customer support,
- growing an online community, etc.
Being a social media manager is being a virtual assistant dedicated to social media platforms.
- If you want to know more about social media management check out my free guide on how to become a freelance social media manager.
- If the $10K VA Course and The Virtual Savvy are too expensive you can check this cheaper training: Social Media Management The Complete Manage Bootcamp.
11. E-commerce Sale
When you do e-commerce you are selling products online. It can be physical and digital products or services.
You can do business-to-business by selling on websites such as Shopify. Or also do business-to-consumer with Amazon. And also consumer-to-consumer with eBay or Etsy.
12. Web Design
If tech is already your domain, or just a dream waiting to be true, then web designing might be your niche.
With the online boom, web designers are more than needed.
Whether it’s individuals needing help to put together their websites or big corporations in need of a design for their business, there are tons of opportunities for you out there.
- If you want to upskill, Udemy offers plenty of cheap courses to get started as a web designer such as WordPress course for beginners.
13. Graphic Design
Graphic design is also growing with online businesses booming. If you’re creative and like to use software you can design logos, marketing materials, brochures, and branding elements for clients.
- If you’re interested in becoming a graphic designer check this Graphic design Masterclass on Udemy.
14. App Development
If you happen to be skilled with mobile technology, app development could be your go-to business. Whether it’s for clients or your own project you can make money by designing mobile apps.
With the constant growth of online businesses, being a bookkeeper is an essential skill on the job market.
The main tasks of a bookkeeper are data entry, bank reconciliation, and monthly reports.
You can offer your services to business owners, website owners, online companies, individuals, etc.
- Bookkeeping can make good money, here I explain how to become a virtual bookkeeper and earn $100 an hour.
- If you want to get started as a bookkeeper you can check this free course from bookkeeper.com, they also offer very complete paid courses.
16. Google Ads Manager
Google Ads experts handle Google Ads for small business owners. Being a Google Ads Manager is really well paid and you don’t need a diploma.
But you can always get certified by taking an online course on Udemy and getting started on your own business.
17. Sell Digital Product
You can sell a variety of different digital products online. It can be printables, courses, ebooks.
What sells really well on Etsy are printables.
They are digital downloads that people purchase from you to print at home. It’s pure passive income and a no investment business since there are no shipping fees at all.
- If you want to know more about Etsy and printables check my article about Selling Printables on Etsy: An Epic Guide to Make you Passive Income.
18. Podcast Channel
Having your own podcast channel could be an easy way to share your wisdom and make some extra money at the same time.
- To learn about podcasting check this Masterclass from Udemy: The complete guide to Podcasting.
19. Grant Writer
Grant writing is content writing for nonprofit and charity organizations. You write to help them secure funding, raise money, or host events for charitable occasions.
You can be a freelance grant writer and work around your children and schedule.
20. Affiliate Marketing
Doing affiliate marketing is promoting products online through links and codes.
Every time someone clicks that link and purchases a product you get a commission. You can promote through your blog, website, videos, Pinterest, or social media. Products can be physical or digital.
What is amazing with affiliate marketing is that you’re earning passive income, meaning you can earn commissions while sleeping. Isn’t it great?
To learn everything about affiliate marketing check:
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers course by Carly Campbell
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing School to learn how to make over $50k a month!
21. FBA Seller (Fulfilled By Amazon)
An FBA seller sells physical products on Amazon. You can either sell products that you’ve shopped at physical stores or sell your own products.
One big advantage of being part of the FBA program is that Amazon takes care of the logistics, meaning you don’t have to worry about storage and shipping.
To get started you can check out the Amazon Boot Camp course from The Selling Family and sign up for their Free 7-day email course.
Service-Related Businesses For Moms
Service-related businesses are perfect business ideas for stay at home moms but also working moms.
22. Child Care Services
As a mom, you know more than anyone how parents need to place their children in safe and reputable places.
Having your own daycare at home could be the easiest way for you to care for your children and earn an income at the same time.
You could start by looking after your friends’ and neighbors’ kids and maybe grow a business from it.
But if you do want to run a proper daycare you must get the appropriate licenses to legally run your business.
- If you’re interested check this Complete Guide to Starting & Growing a Home Daycare
23. House Cleaning
House cleaning can be one option when setting up your own business. Start with your neighbors and local community and later maybe grow your business into a company.
Since house cleaning is mainly during the day and week, you can plan a flexible schedule that allows you to have your nights and weekends free.
- You can find jobs by having a website. Check this list of 15 inspiring examples of cleaning websites.
- Or you can apply to jobs on Housekeeper.com.
You can propose your services as a house painter.
If you work freelance you can take on projects when needed and allow yourself a flexible schedule. You can start by proposing your services to your local community.
If you want to know more check:
If you like to bake and have an oven at home, you can build your own baking business by selling baked goods to your local community or even supplying bakeshops in your area. It can be flexible and work around your schedule.
- Check this very affordable Baking basics course on Udemy if you want to upskill.
- Check the popular Artisan Sourdough Bread Baking course on Udemy.
You can also start a catering business and provide food for events and clients. You can easily work according to your schedule.
27. Event Planning
Event planners help people get in touch and make arrangements with vendors for events such as weddings, birthdays, corporate events, etc.
You can fully manage your schedule and work around your family if you set up a freelance event planning business.
You can set up a coaching business and help people with different aspects of life. I can be finance, relationships, health, nutrition, fitness, etc. you can enjoy complete control over your schedule.
- Check the popular Life coaching Certification course for beginners to advanced on Udemy.
- Check this Financial coaching Certification course on Udemy.
- Check this Happiness Life Coach Certification (Accredited) on Udemy.
- Check this Health and Nutrition life coach Certification (Accredited) on Udemy.
If you are a trained or experienced accountant you can start offering your services to small businesses and companies. You’ll be most likely working on a contract basis.
- Check my article about how to become a virtual bookkeeper and earn $100 an hour.
- To upskill take the popular Introduction to finance, accounting, modeling, and valuation on Udemy.
If you’re skilled in more specific areas you can offer services to businesses and entrepreneurs to help them in marketing, finance, and other business aspects.
31. Pet Related Services
It can be dog walking or a kennel business. Pet-related services are doing amazing, people enjoy taking care of their loved pets and don’t mind spending money on them.
To find jobs as a pet-sitter:
- Check this inspiring Pet grooming service at home.
32. Airbnb And Homestay
If you have one spare room or more, you can start renting it on Airbnb or open your Homestay.
It can be very convenient for parents to add an extra income but keep a schedule that allows control over it and time for the family.
- Check my articles about How To Make $200 Fast, With Your Extra Space.
33. Landscaping And Gardening
If you’re skilled in landscaping and gardening and like to spend time outdoors, you can now start to propose your services to your local community and maybe even grow a bigger business from it.
You could even start by mowing the lawn and help people to maintain outdoor spaces.
You can work on a freelance or contract basis.
Arts And Crafts Businesses For Moms
Arts and crafts can be great home business ideas for moms.
34. Selling Your Art
- Here I explain how to become a freelance artist.
35. Selling Handmade Products
It can be jewelry, handcrafted gifts, handmade furniture, etc. You name it! There are plenty of opportunities for crafty and handmade maker moms who want to sell their products.
36. Interior Designer
If you’re skilled in home design and enjoy decorating you can offer interior design services such as advice, remodeling, etc.
Plus interior design is an amazing niche when it comes to Pinterest!
37. Thrift Flipping
Thrift flipping is giving a second life to used and vintage furniture. You can sell your items online or in physical shops.
- Check my article about flea market flipping: an ultimate guide to making money from old items.
- Check the Flipper University course to get started!
38. Flea Market Sale
You can sell a bunch of items at flea markets from antiques to clothes and vintage video game consoles.
You can become a regular seller or sell whenever you’re schedule allows you to. A lot of flea markets happen during weekends so it can be convenient for moms who want to bring their children along.
39. Etsy Sale
Etsy is the perfect platform for creative and handmade makers. The e-commerce platform focuses on handmade, crafts, and vintage products.
When selling your products on Etsy you’re actually reaching people from all over the world, expanding your audience with no limit.
Starting a business on Etsy can make serious money, you could earn up to six figures salary.
- So if you want to get started check for free how to make money selling on Etsy.
- You could also take the Etsy Marketing and SEO Mastery course to skyrocket your income.
40. Stock Photographer
If you’re a photographer you can maybe get into stock photography. It could be finally a good way to use all those photos waiting on your hard drive.
Well, in practice stock photography requires more than just uploading your holiday pictures on the internet. You’ll need high-quality photos to upload.
Honestly, stock photography is not easy and you won’t make a living out of it with little investment of your time.
But if you can determine what pictures your need to sell and are good at keywording and have time you could maybe manage to make a few hundred dollars a month.
You can upload your pictures on:
For more check these 21 Best Places To Sell Your Photos Online.
41. Music Teacher
If you love music, are a skilled singer, or practice an instrument you can offer your services as a music teacher and get paid for doing what you are passionate about.
You can offer your services on :
You could also offer private sessions at home.
42. Youtube Channel
If you like to present and create interactive content, starting a Youtube Channel could be the first step of building a successful business. You’ll need to define your niche, learn a bit of SEO and get creative.
43. Pinterest Pin
To learn more about Pinterest check my articles:
- Free Pinterest Courses That Will Transform Your Website Traffic
- Pinterest Courses That Will Transform You Into A Pinterest Expert
- How to Become a Pinterest Manager : The Guide I Wish I Had
- How to Make Money From Pinterest
- How to Become a Pinterest VA and Earn up to $50 per Hour
Doing voice-over is being a voice actor, meaning that your voice will be recorded but you won’t be seen. It can be for advertising content, podcast, audiobook, etc.
If you’re interested in voice acting read my free guide on:
You can also check voices.com for more information about becoming a voice actor and get hired.
Baby Business Ideas
45. Develop A Baby Product
As a mother, you’re more likely to know what works best for moms when it comes to baby products. Take advantage of your experience to find the best baby products business ideas.
Maybe it’s something more affordable, more natural, or more convenient? Anything new added to the market will lead you to become a successful mompreneur.
46. Baby Equipment Rental
A great business for stay at home moms is baby equipment rental. It means renting strollers, baby chairs, toys, and more to people. It can be for tourists visiting your town, new parents or even an emergency.
If it’s a great business you might still need to have a storage place or a big spare room in your house.
To get started:
47. Resell Your Baby Clothes And Toys
It can be a very interesting side hustle for stay-at-home moms to sell their baby’s used clothes and toys. Besides freeing some space in your house, you’re making money.
You can sell them on:
48. Baby Planner
A baby planner is a private maternity consultant. You are to accompany expecting and new parents on their journey. You’ll be thoughtfully guiding them with information, resources, and support.
- Steps to Becoming a Baby Planner
- How to Earn $75/Hour Working From Home as a Baby Planner
- Certified Baby Planner
49. Sleep Training Coach
If there is one thing that new parents need, it’s sleep. That’s why it’s important to get their little ones the best sleep they can. And it’s where sleep training coaches are useful.
50. Mommy Blog
Starting a mom blog is certainly the best stay at home mom business. It’s an excellent niche that is doing well on advertising, affiliate marketing, and organic traffic from Pinterest.
Plus you certainly know what you are talking about and makes it easier to write.
If you don’t believe it, check these 25 successful mom blogs that make money and how they do it.
If you want to get started with your mommy blog read my article on:
- how to make money blogging for beginners to learn how to monetize your blog.
- And check my FREE guide on how to get paid blogging on WordPress in 8 steps.
51. Baby Food
Either as a meal prep business or a blog niche, baby food is a successful topic.
When it comes to guessing what should be our baby’s first meal or just trying to keep up with our schedules, moms often need help in the kitchen.
Whether it’s baby food recipes or healthy ready-made meals, you can grow an amazing business by helping mamas fill up their little one’s tummy.
Where Can I Find Remote Jobs?
Now that you have an idea of what business could suit your mom life you want to get started.
And if you go for the online and remote job, you might be wondering where to find paid job opportunities.
So what are the best sites to find remote jobs?
- Here is a list of 62 Best Remote Jobs Websites to Find Great Remote Jobs in 2021.
What Is The Best Business For Stay At Home Moms?
Freelance Writing: Low Cost And Profitable Business For Stay At Home Moms
If you’ve read my previous posts you should know that freelance writing is my true passion. And I believe it can be yours. Especially if you’re a stay-at-home mom.
But why is freelance writing the best business at home for moms?
- First, it’s a very profitable business. Meaning you can definitely earn a full income from it.
- Second, it’s a low-cost business. Meaning it’s almost a no-investment start-up.
- Third, it’s freelance. Meaning you can work your schedule around your family.
In short, to become a freelance writer you need to:
- Decide on the type of writing you want to write about
Blogs, online magazines, eBooks, websites.
- Choose a niche
Finance, Travel, Parenting, Gardening, etc. You name it. Check these 21 most profitable freelance writing niches in 2021.
- Create a portfolio
- Find clients
To learn more about how to become a freelance writer check:
- my free 8 steps guide to become a freelance writer for beginners
- my ebook on how to become a freelance writer in 60 days
- Elna Cain’s course Write to $1K
How Do I Start A Mother Business?
When starting a mom business there are a few inspiring “rules” that lead to success.
- Avoid analysis paralysis
- Schedule and plan ahead
- Limit distractions
- Know your strengths and limits
- Take care of yourself
- Take time for your family
- Ask for help
Schedules for stay at home moms are useful tools when it comes to starting a mother business.
You can also look for resumes for stay at home moms to help you get started.
Having your own business at home allows you to have flexible hours and time with your children while earning an income. There are plenty of great opportunities for businesses for moms. So pick one and get started!
Let me know which mompreneur you are by sharing your business.