You keep asking yourself ‘Are there any Amazon jobs from home?’ or ‘Is Amazon hiring for work-from-home jobs?’
Short answer: Yes!
There are quite a few remote jobs and Amazon is always hiring people who want to work from home.
These days, remote jobs are on the rise.
You can secure a remote job at Amazon, no matter if you want to work on a full-time or part-time schedule.
If you are fascinated by the alluring world of online gigs and side-hustles, guess what? You can do that with Amazon, too.. all while working from home.
It’s not easy. If it were easy everybody would be doing this. So keep reading, get the knowledge you need and take action.
If you stick at it, I am sure you will be able to make it happen for yourself.
Let’s dive in.
14 Amazon Amazon Work-From-Home Jobs
- Customer Service Associate
- Amazon Stylist
- Health and Safety Specialist
- Tech jobs: Solution Architect
- Human Resources
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Amazon Flex driver
- Amazon Affiliate marketing
- Amazon Influencer Marketing
- Direct Publishing
- Amazon FBA
Some of the links on here are affiliate links and I may earn if you click on them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. Hope you find the information here useful! Thanks.
Related Posts On Online Jobs:
- How To Work For Amazon From Home (Tips To Succeed)
- 7 Amazon Customer Service Jobs From Home (Pay + Info)
- 11 Digital Nomad Jobs (No Experience Required)
- 17 Online Jobs for Stay at Home Moms (No Experience Necessary)
- Stay At Home Dad Jobs (That Pay Well)
- 12 Text Chat Operator Jobs from Home Hiring Now!
- Immediate Hire Work From Home Jobs (In 2021)
What Kind Of Amazon Jobs Can You Do From Home?
No fluff here – you have 3 options:
- Amazon Remote Jobs – Secure a remote job at Amazon
- Amazon Gigs – Make quick cash on the side
- Amazon Side Hustles – Start building your own online business
14 Amazon Jobs You Can Do From Home
Amazon Remote Jobs
1. Amazon Customer Service Job From Home
If you love helping people and you don’t mind working in a fast-paced environment, then Amazon work-from-home customer service jobs might be a good fit for you, even if you don’t have a degree or a technical background.
As long as you are a communicator at heart with a high degree of flexibility you are good to go.
For some customer service roles, military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Whether you want to become a:
- Virtual Customer Service associate
- Support Associate
- Resolutions Specialist
- Seller Support associate
you need to have:
- A reliable Internet connection. Wireless or HotSpot connections are not allowed.
- Previous experience in the field
- Great communication and time management skills
- Basic digital literacy
- A neat and disturbance-free workplace
Each role demands different skill sets. For instance, as a Resolution specialist, you must have a law background to fulfill your tasks smoothly.
In addition, there are some specific location requirements that vary for each role. So make sure to check that carefully before applying.
An Amazon customer service associate will get to reply to customer queries via phone, email, chat, social media, maintain the security of accounts, report to internal team members and a lot more.
It is a customer-obsessed company so these tasks are very important.
Based on Glassdoor reviews, former customer service employees were happy because of friendly management, benefits, and career opportunities.
- The average base pay for Amazon virtual customer service jobs is USD16 per hour, but it depends on the role and experience. In some cases, you may get to work up to 60 hours a week (although part-time roles are available), but overtime is paid more.
Where is the catch?
No catch at all, but there are a few downsides like anything in life. For instance, working from home may be draining and lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness.
However, do you want to know the n.1 reason why most people want to land this job?
Here is what customer service team lead Sabrina has to say about it: ‘the greater value is that my family has a stable secondary income. So if we need to relocate for the military, I can work from home in another State’ in the US.
If that’s what you are looking for, go for it!
‘I wish, but I don’t have any previous experience. How can I prove to them that I can do the job?’
TIP: Do you have any relevant transferable skills? Stress on them and find a way to stand out – if you want to know how, you can check out my CV and Interview Workshop.
New positions sometimes open up, but they also fill pretty quickly so if you want to give it a try head over to their website, check the current openings in the Amazon careers (work-from-home) section and apply right away.
2. Amazon Stylist
Have you worked in retail and you stay up to date with the current and future fashion trends?
Then, you may love this job opportunity.
If you have a related degree and speak Spanish or other languages you will have an edge over other candidates, but it is not required. Amazon is looking for people who have:
- Fashion-based experience which can include retail sales/styling
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexibility with a full-time or part-time schedule
- A high level of passion for fashion and style.
You will need to have an analytical mind to dig into customer preferences, utilize a bunch of tools and leverage CRM data.
Your ultimate goal is to provide expert styling advice.
You will start out as a part-time stylist and if you have your ways with people you could then become a Personal shopper team manager
Training is provided, so if you are fond of this subject matter they will turn you into a pro advisor in no time.
Former employees liked the culture, the benefits and the fact that the job was pretty straightforward.
- The pay for Amazon Fashion in the US is around USD22 per hour.
Jobs are snapped up for this role, so if it tickles your fancy send your application here.
3. Health and Safety Specialist
Amazon has quite a few positions in WHS (Work health and safety) and yes, they are listed in their ‘virtual location’ section.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply, especially within 6 months of their discharge date. By the way, if you want to know more about online jobs for veterans, you can read my guide.
You need to have (or be willing to obtain) relevant certifications (such as the NEBOSH Diploma) and a relevant degree, although some experience in a related field is the most important factor.
When I checked Amazon online jobs (in the work-from-home section) in WHS, I found quite a few options, ranging from entry-level to management positions.
Although it is a virtual position, in most cases you must be willing to relocate and be flexible with shifts.
- The pay for a Health and Safety specialist at Amazon can range from USD16 to USD36 per hour.
You can find out more about these roles here.
4. Tech Jobs: Solution Architect
At the time of writing, 60% of all Amazon virtual jobs are IT-related, including operation and technical project management roles.
Sure, software developers are in high demand. However, the top in-demand work-from-home job at Amazon is a.. SOLUTION ARCHITECT.
If you are a non-techie like me you have no idea what that is. That’s fine, move to the next section!
And if you are a tech pro, securing this job is not going to be an easy feat and you will need to demonstrate that you have what it takes, which usually includes:
- Solid database management, design and consulting experience (5-7 years)
- A technical degree (Computer Science or Math preferred)
According to technical project manager and former Air Force pilot, Michael, attention to detail was the one transferable skill that helped him succeed in his role.
Former (and current) software developer managers emphasized that the growth mindset culture is real at Amazon and you get to work with talented people and learn a ton in a very short time span.
On the flip side, bad managers can lead to feeling overworked and underappreciated.
Tech professionals at Amazon usually have great pay and benefits.
- For instance, Amazon solution architects can make up to USD96 per hour.
If you want to take your career in tech to the next level check out the current openings.
5. Human Resources
There are a number of HR jobs at Amazon that you can do from home, too.
If your expertise includes people and numbers this is what you should apply for.
For instance, a compensation manager at Amazon must have:
- Relevant Experience in the field (2-4 years)
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills
- A self-starter attitude
You must feel comfortable conducting customer surveys and implementing compensation strategies along with understanding the big picture while analyzing data.
According to former employees, you are surrounded by very smart people and the benefits are really worth it, although you may end up working long hours.
- The pay for a Senior Compensation Consultant is USD55 per hour.
You can find the full job description here.
Do you have outstanding creative and communication skills?
You could work for Amazon as a Marketing manager.. from home.
This is a very competitive role with limited openings for work-from-home positions. You must have a flair for creating customer journeys, crafting multi-channel marketing strategies and showcasing your brilliant ideas to the management.
Great workplace and culture along with a flat hierarchy structure are the high points, although you may work with extremely competitive people who take their job very seriously.
- The pay for a remote marketing specialist (entry-level) at Amazon is USD33 per hour.
Check out all the Amazon work-from-home marketing jobs here.
If you are a master designer with strong research skills, why not work at the leading customer-centric company in the world?
By the way, UX designers (User Experience Designers) are designers who can create products that look good and are relevant to the users. They can do their job from anywhere, but there are not many work-from-home openings for this role at Amazon.
A senior UX designer at Google must:
- Be able to conduct user research (7+ years of experience is preferred)
- Have a portfolio of case studies
- Have a mix of qualitative and quantitative skills
Good benefits and fast-paced work environments are what make this role exciting, although former employees complained about a rigid corporate culture.
- The average Amazon UX designer makes USD150K a year.
If you want to know more about Amazon Design jobs click here.
If you have experience as a content creator, especially in a technical niche then you may have a good time at Amazon.
There are a bunch of very cool content roles such as Learning Experience Designer and Programming writer which require solid content creation skills with a technical bent.
As long as you end up working for a good manager – which is always a deal-breaker anyway – you will get to learn in an exciting environment and work from home.
- Content specialists at Amazon make more than USD50K a year.
You can apply for a remote Content role at Amazon here.
9. Amazon Mechanical Turk
Do you want to make quick extra cash?
Head over to the Amazon marketplace for small tasks and you will find a variety of legit gigs and Amazon stay-at-home jobs such as:
- Amazon work-from-home data entry jobs
- Amazon work-from-home image editing jobs
- Amazon work-from-home proofreading jobs
- Amazon work-from-home transcription jobs
You won’t be able to pay the bills, but you will add an additional income stream to your monthly budget and start making money on your own terms.
Besides, these tasks are not time-consuming at all, with some of them requiring just a few minutes. Cut down the time you spend on social media and make a few extra $$ every week.
- You will get paid in cash or redeem Amazon Gifts. If you complete a lot of small tasks the extra earnings can add up to a few hundred dollars a month.
Learn more about MTurk here.
10. Amazon Flex Driver
Quick disclaimer: this is not an online gig.
Flex is a program that connects independent contractors with opportunities to deliver packages on behalf of Amazon. It is not an online gig, but it will certainly give you the opportunity to work on a flexible schedule.
Essentially, Amazon Flex drivers fill in Amazon driver supply gaps on a flexible schedule, which gives you a lot of flexibility.
Another good news is that you don’t need any previous experience to become a Flex driver.
You just need to meet a few basic requirements:
- You must be 21 years old or older.
- Have a social security number.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Show proof of auto insurance.
The program is available in many countries worldwide. The best way to find out if you can become a Flex Driver is to google ‘Amazon Flex (your country name)’.
You can use the Flex App, created by Amazon to schedule your time, keep track of the packages you have picked up, receive directions and see how much you have made.
Put on your best smile and be friendly, as you can receive tips and earn more.
- The actual pay depends on your location and how many hours you work. On average it is USD20 per hour.
If you want to start earning additional income, you can visit their website.
If you are looking for a more stable income, bear in mind that you will sign a flexible contract and it may come with unpredictable work hours and volatile incomes. So I recommend that you apply for the Delivery Service Partner program, instead and become an Amazon Driver.
11. Affiliate Marketing
It is no mystery that bloggers can join affiliate programs and earn a fee (around 4-8% with Amazon), by recommending other people’s products.
The Amazon affiliate program is probably the easiest one out there and you don’t need a lot of traffic to qualify – in fact, you don’t need any to get started. To succeed just focus on these two skills:
- Content Creation
Trust me on this, because that’s how I make over USD5K a month via affiliate income only – to be fair I applied also for other affiliate programs, but I got started with Amazon.
Anyway, if you can’t create great content that ranks, your posts will have little to no views and no one will click on the affiliate links and make a purchase. You need to be (or willing to become) an expert in your topic and set your authority from day one.
If you get enough people to trust you, then you are well on your way to passive income. Yes.. you can take a week off and still make money!
Want to learn how to do it without spending thousands of hours finding information yourself? Check out my SEO workshop.
- The pay depends on a lot of factors, but many Amazon affiliates can make USD1000 per month or even a lot more than that.
If that sounds alluring, find out more about the Amazon affiliate program here.
12. Influencer Marketing
The Amazon influencer program was started in 2017 and is an extension of the already successful Amazon affiliate program.
If you are an active social media user and have a knack for influencing the masses, why not recommend valuable products to your followers and earn money from home?
More money, more honey.. right?
It is a bit more competitive than the Amazon Affiliate program and during the application process, relevant metrics will be evaluated such as follower count and engagement.
Also, you must be based in the US, the UK, India or Canada.
As long as you have a qualifying Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Youtube account – as they put it – you are welcome to apply. In addition, you must feel comfortable connecting your followers with products and sending traffic to companies.
Once you are in, you can open your storefront on Amazon, add your list of products and send traffic to those pages. They also provide you with a convenient URL that customers can link to.
- You can make from a few dollars to USD1000+ per month or a lot more. You can check out their commission rates(up to10%).
Sounds a good fit for you? Join the Amazon Influencer Program.
13. Direct Publishing
You want to become a published author and you have no previous work experience.
‘That’s not possible!’
Beg your pardon? That’s NOT true.
Gone are the days when you needed to have good connections, experience and money to become a published author. Today, you can easily get started as a self-published author.
No previous work experience is required, but you will need a business mindset, sales skills and great writing skills. Most importantly, you must identify a problem that people have and craft a solution just for them (if you want to write a nonfiction book).
Be ready to grindle, hustle and fail. If you do, you will be rewarded with passive income, by selling your own work of art.
- Usually, people make USD1K or even USD2K per month.
14. Amazon FBA
So, if you are really serious about building a sustainable side-hustle from scratch with Amazon you should look into Amazon FBA.
Here are 3 KEY skills to make this work:
- Business acumen
- Analytical skills
Amazon FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) is a service provided by Amazon that lets you set up a fully functional online store without having to deal with the mundane tasks of filling orders and dealing with customers.
You list your stuff, make a sale, ship the item to your customer, get paid. As simple as that. Before you start thinking that this is a quick-rich scheme, be aware of the downsides:
- It is harder to keep track of your inventory – your products are stored at Amazon’s fulfillment centers
- Shipping to Amazon can be a headache – you may end up packaging and labeling your products individually
- Amazon FBA is not free – Amazon stores your products and you must pay a fee for that
TIP: To succeed you must follow in the footsteps of other people who have already succeeded. That’s why I always recommend you take an online course and upskill fast.
- People can earn even up to USD100K per month, although on average they make USD1K+ per month.
How To Work For Amazon From Home?
That’s awesome, but how do I get started with Amazon WFH Jobs?
Fair enough. If you want to apply for a remote job you must :
- visit the company’s virtual location page,
- send your resume and
- go through the interview process.
Bear in mind that there are specific location requirements for each job.
For instance, some customer service roles require that you are based in certain countries like Costa Rica, or specific states in the US. So make sure to check that out.
Also, some customer service openings are on a temporary basis. These are great ways to get your foot in the door, so leverage your transferable skills, like empathy and sales and send your application.
On the other hand, you are not required to send your resume for online gigs and side-hustles, but you need to follow a different application process.
If you want to know all about how to work for Amazon from home you can read my guide.
How Much Does Amazon Pay To Work From Home?
Here is the average pay per year for all work-from-home Amazon jobs:
- Customer Service Associate – USD32K
- Amazon Stylist – USD53K
- Health and Safety Manager – USD100K+
- Solution Architect – USD111K
- Human Resources – USD55K
- Marketing – USD55K
- Design – USD73K
- Content – USD101K
- Amazon Mechanical Turk – up to USD1K+
- Amazon Flex driver – USD20 per hour
- Amazon Affiliate marketing – USD10K+
- Amazon Influencer Marketing – USD10K+
- Direct Publishing – USD10K
- Amazon FBA – USD10K+
Please, note that this is just an estimate and it really depends on your level of skills, experience and the time you put in (especially for online gigs and side-hustles).
If you are looking to land an Amazon remote job, you can read more about the benefits of working at Amazon here (e.g. paid time off and flexible accommodation for parents as long as you work at least 20+hours a week).
More info about Amazon customer service jobs from home pay here.
Other Work-From-Home Jobs
If you haven’t found anything that works for you, yet you still want to make money on your own terms, then I recommend you learn the ropes and become a freelancer.
There are a ton of paths, but here are three options to get you started immediately:
- Executive Virtual Assistant – you can read my article on Virtual Assistant jobs for beginners.
- Pinterest Manager – you can find out more about how to become a Pinterest expert here, even if you have no experience.
- Content Writer – you can get my ebook on how to become a freelance writer in 60 days.
This all you need to know about Amazon careers from home including gigs and side-hustles.
No? Oh, you want to know more.
Well, don’t get lost in analysis paralysis and get started with something. You will find your way eventually.
Hustle hard and trust the process!